The Student Room Group

Medical inquiries

If you have ME (Chronic Fatigue), can you get a job in the army or the RNLI? (interested in both)
Original post by 2221
If you have ME (Chronic Fatigue), can you get a job in the army or the RNLI? (interested in both)

Rnli lifeboat crew are volunteers. They aren’t paid.
Reply 2
If you search "army medical disqualification list" you can see what the MoD list. And you may be better calling your local RNLI office to find out, but know that isn't a 'job', you dontt get paid. If you are interested in the military and boats, why not look at the Navy or Air Force
Reply 3
Original post by Avaia
If you search "army medical disqualification list" you can see what the MoD list. And you may be better calling your local RNLI office to find out, but know that isn't a 'job', you dontt get paid. If you are interested in the military and boats, why not look at the Navy or Air Force

Thanks, I know they are volunteers, I was just wondering if anyone knew if you could join. I have checked the RAF and they do not allow people to join if they have ME so I will look to see if I can find the list for the army.
Reply 4
Original post by 2221
Thanks, I know they are volunteers, I was just wondering if anyone knew if you could join. I have checked the RAF and they do not allow people to join if they have ME so I will look to see if I can find the list for the army.

If the RAF don't allow it the it is 99.9% likely the armt and navy also wont. As it is an MoD disqualification, but check just to be sure. It may also be worth visiting your local recruitment office

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending