The Student Room Group

Personal statement, Russian degree?

I want to study a joint honours Russian and Central and European Studies.
I've made a draft which basically includes how I've always been fascinated by Russian and have learned some already and about how I'm rrly interested in history and politics and being able to focus on specific countries I'm more interested in would be really amazing etc.
What do you think I should include?
**Please no comments against my degree choice**
Reply 1
As that is quite a unique degree you may not find many people who can give you advice, the best thing you could do is go to the uni website, find the course and look at the modules and info about it.
Talk about why you want to do that specific degree, what you want to do in the future and why that degree will help you achieve it, talk about anything you've done atm relating to the course or subject. Just let your passion for the subject come out in your PS :smile:
Original post by December126
I've made a draft which basically includes how I've always been fascinated by Russian and have learned some already and about how I'm rrly interested in history and politics and being able to focus on specific countries I'm more interested in would be really amazing etc.

hey, i cant really help with the question so pardon my uselessness. but russian. im russian so if you need any help in the language i am here to help. what fascinates you so much about the language??
Talk about your career plans would be my advice. Actually having a purpose in doing the degree and knowing what you want to do with it is a good thing to show.:wink:

I've popped your thread into this sub-forum so you should hopefully get the replies you're after.:wink:
Original post by Mini_1999
hey, i cant really help with the question so pardon my uselessness. but russian. im russian so if you need any help in the language i am here to help. what fascinates you so much about the language??

Aww that's so cool! That's nice of you, I'd like that 😊😊 Well I just like how it sounds completely different to English, it's so exotic in comparison and every word I learn it's like "Wow that's such an interesting sounding word!" and I really like the alphabet 😊😊
Aww that's so cool! That's nice of you, I'd like that 😊😊 Well I just like how it sounds completely different to English, it's so exotic in comparison and every word I learn it's like "Wow that's such an interesting sounding word!" and I really like the alphabet 😊😊

aww im glad you enjoy it. most people just find it very hard.
Original post by Mini_1999
aww im glad you enjoy it. most people just find it very hard.

I still struggle with soft signs and hard signs and reading really long words though, I think it's definitely harder than other languages but I find it easier just because in passionate about it 😊😊
Generally, just what aspects of Russian culture/history/language fascinates you and why you're interested in the course (you can base that on past experiences, additional research, textual sources etc) :smile:

Good luck with your PS!
I still struggle with soft signs and hard signs and reading really long words though, I think it's definitely harder than other languages but I find it easier just because in passionate about it 😊😊

thats amazing. i hope your personal statement goes well x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending