The Student Room Group

Fashion in 1999

Hi, i'm doing an article about fashion in 1999, and it would really help if you could answer my questions, Thank you!!

1. Do you think fashion in 1999 would be something you would wear today?
2. Do you think the trends have changed a lot over the years and why?
3. What’s one trend from 1999 that would want to bring back today?
4. Is there any trend in 1999 that you think should stay in that era?

Love Anisa
I remember everyone used to combat trousers around that time. GAP ands New York clothing(hoodies and caps with the NY Yankees logo on) were also pretty popular as well IIRC((I might be off by a couple of years though on all counts).

The latter two weren't too bad but combat pants look ridiculous if you aren't wearing them for practical purposes, so no I wouldn't bring them back. :smile:
1. Do you think fashion in 1999 would be something you would wear today?
Not really, I feel like it was all about showing as much skin as possible and I'm not really comfortable with that :'D It also seems quite experimental? Especially looking at what celebrities wore (super low cut jeans omg).

2. Do you think the trends have changed a lot over the years and why?
I feel like it definitely evolved, for example jeans (and denim in general) seemed to be quite popular during the 90s but now leggings are all the range.
I think maybe it adapted with people's comfort levels? But I definitely feel like some aspects have started coming back such as chokers or the dress style (look at H&M for example).

3. What’s one trend from 1999 that would want to bring back today?
The baggy jumpers or maybe some of the patterns people wore.

4. Is there any trend in 1999 that you think should stay in that era?
The hair *shudders* or some of the more extreme styles of jeans.

Quick Reply

Latest