The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Is it worth applying to just be rejected?

I have an AAB prediction and I have applied to York to do the Psychology course that has an AAA requirement as my fourth choice.
I had a spare option as I was happy with my first 3 and insurance choices, and thought I would give it a go since it's a great uni but now I feel like I'm wasting a choice lol
Overall I have a strong application (but my GCSES are ok not anything special) and since Psychology can be a popular course what is the likelihood of me being rejected? Is it worth it or should I swap it for another AAB uni that I don't like as much?
Thanks!
I would apply for York, you never know, if they are impressed by your application they may give you an interview or an offer, even though the entry requirements are one grade higher than your predicted grades. To swap it for another university that you don't like would be wasting it, I feel.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by cheesecakelove
I would apply for York, you never know, if they are impressed by your application they may give you an interview or an offer, even though the entry requirements are one grade higher than your predicted grades. To swap it for another university that you don't like would be wasting it, I feel.

That's very true actually.. thank you for your insight that makes me feel more confident about applying!!
Maybe contact the admissions team first?
Reply 4
just to update I received an offer from York for AAA last week!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending