The Student Room Group

university clearence ucas

Is it possible to apply to a university through a clearance process even if they previously rejected my application before the clearance period?
Original post by farhaan1232
Is it possible to apply to a university through a clearance process even if they previously rejected my application before the clearance period?

Yes. There's no downside though don't get your hopes up unless you've done better than expected in your A-levels.
Yes. I’m assuming you don’t mean for the same course after being rejected as an offer holder on results day.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
Yes. I’m assuming you don’t mean for the same course after being rejected as an offer holder on results day.

I mean that if I wanted to study a course in university however I got rejected before the clearance process can I reapply when it is in clearance in my case I want to study optometry at a certain university and if I get rejected can I apply for the same university for the same course in clearance
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Yes. There's no downside though don't get your hopes up unless you've done better than expected in your A-levels.

I’m doing a btec applied science which is worth 3 A-levels
I mean that if I wanted to study a course in university however I got rejected before the clearance process can I reapply when it is in clearance in my case I want to study optometry at a certain university and if I get rejected can I apply for the same university for the same course in clearance

Yes.

The only circumstances where they wouldn’t consider you via clearing, (not ‘clearance’), is if you got an offer and firmed or insured them, and they rejected you on results day. Anything else, you are fine.
I’m doing a btec applied science which is worth 3 A-levels

The same principle applies. Did you do better than your predictions?
Reply 7
Original post by ageshallnot
The same principle applies. Did you do better than your predictions?

I’m going into my second year of college my prediction grade is D*D*D
Reply 8
However, please be aware that you cannot just assume that the course/Uni you want will be in Clearing in nay particular year.
This depends on there being spaces on the course after A level etc results have been published - and this doesnt always happen.

Also, to shatter one common myth, not all Unis/courses slash their entry requirements at Clearing - especially for professional courses. If you dont have the grades they want, they still wont want you.
Reply 9
Original post by McGinger
However, please be aware that you cannot just assume that the course/Uni you want will be in Clearing in nay particular year.
This depends on there being spaces on the course after A level etc results have been published - and this doesnt always happen.

Also, to shatter one common myth, not all Unis/courses slash their entry requirements at Clearing - especially for professional courses. If you dont have the grades they want, they still wont want you.

Thanks for the extra information

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending