The Student Room Group

Gyg journey to productivity

Okay so I'm fairly new to TSR but this seemed really appealing. I feel like I'm probably going to do this for about a week then give up because I'm not very good at things like this. Also this is pretty much a stress reliever for right now and so I'm really not expecting that macbook lol.

Bit of background about me for anyone who cares. I'm in year 13 and applying to study Economics and Management at Oxford and straight Economics at LSE, UCL, Bath and Warwick. I've already got offers from Bath and Warwick. GCSEs I got 11A* and 1 B (Drama ik...). AS level 4As 1B (politics). I'm predicted 3A*s and 1A. My subjects are maths, further maths, economics and politics (I did History AS).

My grades are pretty good but I am the most lazy person you will ever meet. I'm am an absolute nerd at school and do loads of work in lessons but do absolutely nothing at home. That's what I'm trying to change this year.

I would say I'm fairly social. At least I was in year 7-11. Then year 12 I got fairly busy and kinda lost touch with my mates. Also I got a GF in year 12 and broke up just before exams which was great! Year 13 I'm laying low. I barely go out and I just try to stay at home and work. Tbf I spend most of my time at school because of loads of events and stuff at school. As of year 13 I'm the guy that's mates with everyone but tight with no one. Like I get along with every person in my year (all 200), but I wouldn't be able to tell you who my best friend is because I don't really have one. I don't really open up that much and like I'm comfortable on my own. I feel like the breakup had a lot to do with that.

The reason for this blog is because I need to work. I would really like to get into Oxford and for that I need to start interview prep ASAP. I also have to make notes for all of politics year 12 and economics year 12 as well as year 13 notes. I also need to be more efficient with my emails because half my time is spent organising stuff and replying to emails which is an absolute pain.

As of right now I need to do 4 pieces of maths homework. TIDY MY ROOM (its a ****ing tip). 3 pieces of politics homework. Revise for an economics test. Organise 4 events. Read these 2 books I've been wanting to read for ages. Make notes for politics and economics. Revise for a C3 test on monday and a C4 test on Friday. As you can see I'm really behind on HW.

The main issue right now, however, is my sleeping pattern. I get home at around 5/6/7/9/10 (depending on whats on in school). I then take a solid 2 hour nap. I then have dinner. I then watch some Netflix. I then go to bed at around 11/12. I'm on my phone till about 1 and then finally go to sleep. I then wake up at 6:30 to go to school. THERE IS A LOT OF ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT. I want finish all my work by around 10. Then chill for an hour or so (but no screens). I then want to go to bed at 11 and sleep almost immediately. I'm working on it but there's a long way to go.

I'll be posting whenever I feel like it tbh and we'll see how this goes but for now just stay tuned I guess.

If you've gotten this far you've got wayyyy too much time on your hands lol. Stop caring about other people's lives so much and live yours! Have fun lol xx
Reply 1
Original post by james_arthur_1
Okay so I'm fairly new to TSR but this seemed really appealing. I feel like I'm probably going to do this for about a week then give up because I'm not very good at things like this.

Now you've started it you're going to have to finish it :lol:

Good luck with everything :smile:
Original post by Notnek
Now you've started it you're going to have to finish it :lol:

Good luck with everything :smile:

Looool. Cheers
Okay so I did nothing last night. In my defence Stranger Things 2 is sooooo goood. But this morning I half cleaned my room an I've got a bit to go. I'm gonna watch one episode of Stranger Things and then get on with some workk....
Right, so it's kinda been a while. But hey at least I'm posting! Been fairly productive recently. Had a C4 test and it went well. Got a C3 test on Thursday but it's C3 so I'll just wing it. Plus I have late detention Thursday morning so I'll just revise then lol. Econ is fairly chill atm. Politics I have a fact test tomorrow but it's such a dead test and I really cba to revise so I'll just do a bit now. I have a politics essay on Wednesday as well so I'll look at that tomorrow and kinda wing it. Main concern is INTERVIEW. I need to read so many things and do so much stuff but its just effort and cba. Plus I havent even got a confirmed interview yet. Oxford need to hurry tf up!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending