The Student Room Group

Revision + maths retake

I've got mocks in January, and my real AS exams start in May/June time. When do I start revision. Also, I am re-sitting the year and got a U in maths (c1,c2, s1), and I am retaking the modules, but swapping S1 for D1. Could I get an A this year, or is that wishful thinking. Thanks in advance!
Hello :h: When to start revision is quite a personal decision really. Some people like to start a good few months in advance, whilst others are okay with just a few weeks. You could probably start doing a little bit now for your mocks, just so you're not putting too much pressure on yourself over the Christmas holidays. For the real exams, some people like to start in March/Easter holiday time. You don't want to over work yourself too quickly, so take your time and maybe start off with some light revision in the form of learning methods and concepts. Once you've done this, you can move onto past papers :h: As you got a U previously, maybe think about what you did last time and work on that. Was it a case of minimal revision? A lack of understanding? Giving yourself too much to do? Once you know where you perhaps went wrong last time, when to start revision might become more clear :smile:

With hard work and determination, you should be able to get an A. You just need to work out what works best for you :h: Good luck with everything!
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest