The Student Room Group

Postgraduate degrees that have job prospects?

Hi All!

I have recently graduated with a 2:1 degree in politics and international relations and well... employment opportunities for this degree aren't the best. I was looking at the possibility of adding a postgraduate degree to my education in order to enhance my chance of employment. something like a PGCE or similar. I am able to sign up for a teaching PGCE through government schemes so that is definitely a possibility in terms of a stable future career. My question is: If I was to undertake a postgraduate degree in order for me to improve my job prospects what are some of the options I could look at?

A PGCE or perhaps a masters course? Bearing in mind my undegrad was in Politics.

Thanks for your time! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by riswak123
Hi All!

I have recently graduated with a 2:1 degree in politics and international relations and well... employment opportunities for this degree aren't the best. I was looking at the possibility of adding a postgraduate degree to my education in order to enhance my chance of employment. something like a PGCE or similar. I am able to sign up for a teaching PGCE through government schemes so that is definitely a possibility in terms of a stable future career. My question is: If I was to undertake a postgraduate degree in order for me to improve my job prospects what are some of the options I could look at?

A PGCE or perhaps a masters course? Bearing in mind my undegrad was in Politics.

Thanks for your time! :smile:

I guess, as you probably know, it depends on what you want to do. Do you want to teach? Do you know what's involved in teaching (e.g. have experience in classrooms)?

Do you even need a postgrad? Your undergrad will get you into 'generic' grad schemes (corporate, public sector, civil service, local council/government).

I think first you need to have a think about the kind of work you want to get into.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending