The Student Room Group

What has been the worse injury u have had?

Question above x

Mine was wen i fell of a swing and landed on the concrete floor, which led to fractured ribs, still hurts like b*tch, my friends literally called a Uber to get me too the hospital. I was there for 5 hours just to get checked, excellent service from the NHS :colonhash:

How bout u guys?

Scroll to see replies

I tore some ligaments in my neck after doing a front drop on the trampoline. Went to A&E a few days later as my dad thought I could have broken something and spent 6 hours laying flat with my head held still with the big red blocks. I had my first x-ray then.
Original post by DrawTheLine
I tore some ligaments in my neck after doing a front drop on the trampoline. Went to A&E a few days later as my dad thought I could have broken something and spent 6 hours laying flat with my head held still with the big red blocks. I had my first x-ray then.

wow sounds painful, how long was it?
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
wow sounds painful, how long was it?

How long was what sorry?
How long was what sorry?

wen u tore some ligaments in ur neck, like had it been recent?
A broken heart.
wen u tore some ligaments in ur neck, like had it been recent?

Oh no I was 15 when it happened, so about 4 years ago.
Original post by Chichaldo
A broken heart.

eeesshh, like physically? or mentally?
Reply 8
Scraping my knee in school. The nurse said put a wet tissue on it.
Oh no I was 15 when it happened, so about 4 years ago.

oh lol i thought it was recent, i was gonna sayy

Has ur neck recovered from it? or every once in a while there is a 'twinge' of pain?
eeesshh, like physically? or mentally?

Well, I'd be messaging from the heavens if it was physically haha
Had bad ends to relationships but nothing major if I am honest.

How'd you fall off the swing? Did it break or did you get distracted? Was I walking past?
oh lol i thought it was recent, i was gonana sayy

Has ur neck recovered from it? or every once in a while there is a 'twinge' of pain?

No it's totally fine now, it healed in about a month.
Original post by Randz18
Scraping my knee in school. The nurse said put a wet tissue on it.

yep defo sounds like the worse type of injury, nurse did a great job :biggrin:
Reply 13
Paper cut.
Original post by Chichaldo
Well, I'd be messaging from the heavens if it was physically haha
Had bad ends to relationships but nothing major if I am honest.

How'd you fall off the swing? Did it break or did you get distracted? Was I walking past?

yh u probabely was, nah im joking
My mate was on the swing next to me, and she must of said some funny joke or something, and obviously the stupid person i am, insetad of holding both of the chains tightly, my arms were around it instead

and the joke was proper cheesy about some old guy preeing a women and i was laughing and fell right back, lucky my ass survived that
Didnt even cry, well i was crying inside and couldnt breath
No it's totally fine now, it healed in about a month.

lol good to hear that
Had multiple blows to my head, both from other people and simply kept banging my head on things. I’d say I’ve been pretty lucky though, I’ve never had a brain bleed (to my knowledge) and never been hospitalised/went to hospital due to it (although thinking back maybe I should have as I went through a long stage as a teenager where I kept having short blackouts/episodes where my vision went black for 30 secs or so and felt whoozy. Never actually lost consciousness though).

Aside from that I’ve had some nasty falls/slips over the years but I never broke any bones and I think the worst to come out of many of them was the embarrassment of it being witnessed by others, so bad wanting to cry kind of embarrassment.

Question above x

Mine was wen i fell of a swing and landed on the concrete floor, which led to fractured ribs, still hurts like b*tch, my friends literally called a Uber to get me too the hospital. I was there for 5 hours just to get checked, excellent service from the NHS :colonhash:

How bout u guys?

I’m glad you’re alive and I hope you get better soon.
Original post by Lepidolite
Had multiple blows to my head, both from other people and simply kept banging my head on things. I’d say I’ve been pretty lucky though, I’ve never had a brain bleed (to my knowledge) and never been hospitalised/went to hospital due to it (although thinking back maybe I should have as I went through a long stage as a teenager where I kept having short blackouts/episodes where my vision went black for 30 secs or so and felt whoozy. Never actually lost consciousness though).

Aside from that I’ve had some nasty falls/slips over the years but I never broke any bones and I think the worst to come out of many of them was the embarrassment of it being witnessed by others, so bad wanting to cry kind of embarrassment.

I’m glad you’re alive and I hope you get better soon.

awww thank u, it happened during the summer, but occassionaly some pains but overall im fine xx. Same goes to u, im pretty sure multiple blows to the head isnt like walking thru the park. Everyone has them moments wen ppl just stare and a minute later realise u fell over or slipped on some ice. Hope u still dont get those blackouts x
Without a doubt the worst pain I have experienced is tearing the meniscus in my knee

And I’ve had two kids
awww thank u, it happened during the summer, but occassionaly some pains but overall im fine xx. Same goes to u, im pretty sure multiple blows to the head isnt like walking thru the park. Everyone has them moments wen ppl just stare and a minute later realise u fell over or slipped on some ice. Hope u still dont get those blackouts x

No I don’t get them anymore, but I wouldn’t be surprised if all those blows have created damage though. I have tons of problems with concentration, for example, and it takes me a long time to complete cognitive reasoning tasks, such as writing essays etc, than what it would take a typical person.

Quick Reply

Latest