The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Product design engineering '18

Heyo, I have applied to Brunel, London South Bank University and Middlesex (a safe one don't know much about the place). I can't apply to Loughborough since I didn't do A level maths and I've accepted that, but I can apply with my btec engineering with the rest.

Does anyone have anything to say about LSBU? I've heard all about Brunel but I'm hoping to stay in central London. That isn't mostly the problem, I've just never seen LSBU mentioned on here and it would help and give me comfort on hearing some more info from the Uni from an actual student. I've already been to the opening day and spoken to the dept. so I'm not completely blind, just want some sort of insight from a student

Thanks in advance(:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by wthecreator
Heyo, I have applied to Brunel, London South Bank University and Middlesex (a safe one don't know much about the place). I can't apply to Loughborough since I didn't do A level maths and I've accepted that, but I can apply with my btec engineering with the rest.

Does anyone have anything to say about LSBU? I've heard all about Brunel but I'm hoping to stay in central London. That isn't mostly the problem, I've just never seen LSBU mentioned on here and it would help and give me comfort on hearing some more info from the Uni from an actual student. I've already been to the opening day and spoken to the dept. so I'm not completely blind, just want some sort of insight from a student

Thanks in advance(:

Hey! where did you end up going? and how's the course too? looking at both brunel and lsbu too!

statistically, lsbu seems to be getting better by alot and brunel has always seem to be decent. really want to hear something from current/past students.

thanks!
London
Original post by wthecreator

Thanks in advance(:

Don’t go southbank, it’s trivial. The course content is so easy a 5 year old can do it. Also employers will throw your cv straight in the bin with that on your cv, go somewhere with a bit more plausibility, Brunel is a nice choice. southbank is a place for the ‘special kids’ who couldn’t go anywhere else.
Are you sure? from my research, LSBU seems to be improving greatly. They've also got an incredible stats on job employments. Also, i have spoken to the engineering staff and they're very informative and helpful. Not to mention, the courses are also accredited (which means there's another institution that checks and approves the course. this allows "charter thing" later on). Facility improvements are also ongoing atm, and are expected to finish sometime soon (been to the campus).

saying "content is so easy a 5 year old can do it. Also employers will throw your cv straight in the bin" sounds a bit too hateful/overkill really and it doesn't seem to be the case for other grads (or else they wouldn't have a good job employment stats). overall, it doesn't seem to be a bad place to get a degree from. I "personally think" engineering related studies/degrees are also based on the person's interest to get as much experience as possible before or after graduation.

Disclaimer:
- based on my research and knowledge (complete uni guide, etc.)
- also deciding between unis too, just giving my opinion on lsbu according to what i've seen.
- not a keyboard warrior
- correct me if i'm wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending