The Student Room Group

Cambridge MPhil Management 2018-2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by mgiardino
I have no idea, I submitted before the Gates deadline and then never checked again until slightly more than two weeks ago, when I saw that I was awaiting approval by GAO. Which college did you all apply to?

No worries! Guess i'll know soon enough.

I applied to Queen's (1st) and Jesus College (2nd).
May I ask for your background? Like Major, GPA,GRE, intern experience. Thx!
(edited 6 years ago)
Fellow postgraduate applicants hope you are all having a wonderful day today. I was wondering if anyone who studied in US/UK for their undergrad (international student studied/finished degree in US/UK) and received the conditional offer with English language test results. I would really appreciate any comments or replies!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by jiajiajia

Hey Jia,

I graduated with a MEng in Civil Engineering from University College London with First Class Honours, and did my 3rd year abroad in Hong Kong where I was a member of the dean's list (3.85 GPA).

No GRE for me since I attended a UK uni. In terms of experience etc, I did two internships during my studies (5 months total), and am currently working for a year as a business analyst in the renewable energy sector in Paris.

I am however still "under review by dept" despite having applied nearly 3 months ago, so the background info of people like Sydney, Quintus or Manuel should be more relevant.
Reply 44
Did any of you guys receive any update? I'm still "under consideration by department;" applied on Feb 2. Hopefully will get any update soon.
Reply 45
Original post by ai1010
Did any of you guys receive any update? I'm still "under consideration by department;" applied on Feb 2. Hopefully will get any update soon.

I applied before Christmas and still under review by dept, so don't expect an answer before end april mate.
Reply 46
Original post by ai1010
I heard that some people who applied even later than you already got their offers! So I think it’s very different for everyone :smile:

FML
Original post by jiajiajia

Hi! Sorry this might be a little late - I have a very different background: my first undergrad was in music (flute) and my second one was in History of Art from the Courtauld Institute in London. I am now finishing a two-year MPhil in Islamic Art/Archaeology + Persian at Oxford. Didn't submit my GRE scores because I wasn't too satisfied with them. I worked/interned throughout my undergrad: I was a research assistant, work as the head of sponsorship for a contemporary art exhibition, and interned at Christie's (auction house) in London.
Any new acceptances? To those who have been accepted - do you have college allocations yet?
Hi everyone!
Any information about the Easter break about Graduate Admission Team? How many days of will AO have?
Can we expect to hear before the Easter Break?
Term has finished already both at Oxf and Cam but I guess that Admin would still be working? I have no idea! I did phone them after 14 days of 'awaiting GAO approval' and they changed it the same day. Maybe try that? Good luck!
Reply 51
Original post by elaineyl770
Hi everyone!
Any information about the Easter break about Graduate Admission Team? How many days of will AO have?
Can we expect to hear before the Easter Break?

Hey guys!

I managed to get hold of someone working at the admissions office. They told me that when they receive offers, they accept some people directly, but also keep hold of a significant number of potentially admissible applications. They then do a second review once applications close and they have all the files.

In other words, if you haven't received an answer yet, its because your application is in the pool that is being re-reviewed!

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 52
Thank you so much for this information! :smile: That's actually helps a lot. Hopefully we will hear back from them by April!
Original post by Cheppy
Hey guys!

I managed to get hold of someone working at the admissions office. They told me that when they receive offers, they accept some people directly, but also keep hold of a significant number of potentially admissible applications. They then do a second review once applications close and they have all the files.

In other words, if you haven't received an answer yet, its because your application is in the pool that is being re-reviewed!

Hope that helps :smile:

Thanks Cheppy.
But actually whoever I know receives an offer had waited for at least 3 months to hear back. If so anyone submits applications after January should not expect a result before April. : )
Reply 54
Hey guys! My status just changed to "Awaiting approval by GAO"; go check ur profile, I think there might be some updates:smile:
Reply 55
Original post by ai1010
Hey guys! My status just changed to "Awaiting approval by GAO"; go check ur profile, I think there might be some updates:smile:

Hi, may I ask you when did you apply? :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by go11
Hi, may I ask you when did you apply? :smile:

Sure! I applied on Feb 2; my status changed to GAO on March 29; and Conditional Offer on April 6.
Reply 57
Anyone here applied just before the deadline?
Reply 58
Hey guys!

Anyone here still waiting for a reply? Still under review by dept, it's becoming a joke XD
Reply 59
I applied on February 25 and my status changed to "Awaiting approval from GAO" today. I hope for the best :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending