The Student Room Group

Change my hours at Mcdonald's

i'm still on probation can i change my hours at McDonald

i've only been working there for 4 days but i want to reduce my hours will they let me do that ?
If you're part-time then you don't really have an obligation to work x amount of hours, especially on a 0 hour contract. You can change your hours at any time, even during probation.
If you're full time, then unless you have any commitments, they could reject your change in availability if they need to meet the store's demand.

Everything is done electronically with McDonald's, including changing your availability.
You'll need to go on MySchedule, then go to 'availability' at the bottom and 'Add' a new availability and change the new availability to 'permanent'. The request will be sent to the schedule managing whose job it is to approve/decline the changes.

In my experience, I've never had a problem with changing my availability. One of the advantages of McDonald's is that they tend be incredibly flexible so are almost always able to accommodate for any changes that you have. I don't think that you will have any problems.
Reply 2
Hi ive also got the job part time at mcdonalds but want to change how late until i work because of college will it be ok and also what about taking time off like holidays because on some forums people say theyre flexible and others say theyre not
Original post by JaredzzC
If you're part-time then you don't really have an obligation to work x amount of hours, especially on a 0 hour contract. You can change your hours at any time, even during probation.
If you're full time, then unless you have any commitments, they could reject your change in availability if they need to meet the store's demand.

Everything is done electronically with McDonald's, including changing your availability.
You'll need to go on MySchedule, then go to 'availability' at the bottom and 'Add' a new availability and change the new availability to 'permanent'. The request will be sent to the schedule managing whose job it is to approve/decline the changes.

In my experience, I've never had a problem with changing my availability. One of the advantages of McDonald's is that they tend be incredibly flexible so are almost always able to accommodate for any changes that you have. I don't think that you will have any problems.
Original post by H13
Hi ive also got the job part time at mcdonalds but want to change how late until i work because of college will it be ok and also what about taking time off like holidays because on some forums people say theyre flexible and others say theyre not

I can't really give you definite answers - it'll depend on your store and their staffing situation.

If you can't work too late because of college then it's a genuine reason so that shouldn't be a problem - just change your availability through MySchedule.

Again, depends with holidays. If you book time off, try to give them at least 2 weeks' notice and it should be ok, but if you've got quite a lot of people that have booked holiday around the same time(christmas/summer) then it's less likely you'll be given the time off - just try to book it as early as possible.

I've never really had many issues with availability/holidays - I almost always get them accepted so hopefully you shouldn't have any issues either.
I'm working casually at maccas right now, would it be ok to change my availability for one day of the week?
Reply 5
i used to work at maccies. log into myschedule (if that's still what they use for availability and scheduling) and alter your availability. they can either accept or deny it so it's worth a shot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending