The Student Room Group

Can't get over an old love

I've known him for 2 years, we have never been together, just FWB. But I realised I have been in love with him for a long time.. I have tried to meet other guys, and since then I have been interested in others but nothing deeper.

I would like to be with someone, but I feel numb with other guys. I met someone who really likes me, and he is attractive and has everything to please, but I feel absolutely zero. It's nothing against him, it's just that my heart is elsewhere. I want to have feelings for him but I can't..

I don't even really see/speak to the guy I love anymore, so it's not that I am not trying to move on.

Is there anything else I can do, or do I just have to wait it out? I want to stop loving him because I know he doesn't want to be with me. He knows I love him and now our friendship is a mess.

I don't want to go on like this forever; it's making me depressed. I know there are so many nicer guys out there but I literally don't care about any of them as a result.
Original post by Anonymous
I've known him for 2 years, we have never been together, just FWB. But I realised I have been in love with him for a long time.. I have tried to meet other guys, and since then I have been interested in others but nothing deeper.

I would like to be with someone, but I feel numb with other guys. I met someone who really likes me, and he is attractive and has everything to please, but I feel absolutely zero. It's nothing against him, it's just that my heart is elsewhere. I want to have feelings for him but I can't..

I don't even really see/speak to the guy I love anymore, so it's not that I am not trying to move on.

Is there anything else I can do, or do I just have to wait it out? I want to stop loving him because I know he doesn't want to be with me. He knows I love him and now our friendship is a mess.

I don't want to go on like this forever; it's making me depressed. I know there are so many nicer guys out there but I literally don't care about any of them as a result.

You say you don't really speak to him, but:

Delete any messages between you and him

Remove him from social media etc

Block his number

Keep meeting new people

You'll get bored in these conditions and move on

Quick Reply

Latest