The Student Room Group

Relationship

I need help really bad- I am a Muslim and it is haram (not allowed) to have a bf of any kind-
I've been playing this game ( with a chat function) & I've been chatting to this boy 3 years older than me. We both have developed feelings for each other and we are madly in love- he says he wants to marry me and I want to as well- but this isnt allowed in Islam- we havent done anything inappropiate.
I have been keeping all of this hidden from my parents- another sin.
And now idk what to so- should I end the relationship or carry on? I love him so so much but its a sin to have a relationship (especially without parents knowing) before marriage.
Please help 😭
Original post by Anonymous
I need help really bad- I am a Muslim and it is haram (not allowed) to have a bf of any kind-
I've been playing this game ( with a chat function) & I've been chatting to this boy 3 years older than me. We both have developed feelings for each other and we are madly in love- he says he wants to marry me and I want to as well- but this isnt allowed in Islam- we havent done anything inappropiate.
And now idk what to so- should I end the relationship or carry on? I love him so so much but its a sin to have a relationship (especially without parents knowing) before marriage.
Please help 😭

This is more dependent on both of your exact ages, but you should really end the relationship now. This isn't because of the issue of religion, I was raised religious but have learned that rules of religion are highly outdated, I'm more concerned about the age gap and how far he is taking this while you are still new to relationships. It can be dangerous to be in a relationship with someone even just a few years older than you, there is a gap in maturity and they will take advantage of that. You should break up with him, and if he insists on a relationship then you should block him for the sake of your safety.
How old are both of you? What game is this? Is he Muslim too?
Reply 3
If all you've done is chat to someone online how do you know he is who he says; he could be 10 years older than you and with alcohol issues and no job? You can't fall in love with a virtual (in every sense) stranger.

Also, you calling him a 'boy' makes you sound very young, too, and probably more evidence you aren't mature enough for a relationship.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 4
I think you should meet in a public place first. The best is group meeting, like where there might be mutual friends or more people with common interests just so you will be safer meeting a stranger and you could escape a conversation if something goes wrong.
You are not in love with him, you are in love with the image he created online (even if he is real and not trying to be different in reality people are slightly different). I'm much more shy in reality but once I open up I'm funny and playful and acting like a kid... online I'm much more serious. I'm not doing it on purpose, it just happens because I lack the eye contact and the energetic field of the person I talk to so it is less comfortable to be fun and playful. He may be very adorable online but very boring in real life...
I'm not trying to disappoint you, but just show some perspective on the issue.
Is he a Muslim too? Is it allowed to have guy friends (a non-romantic relationship)... there are different movements in Islam, some allow guy friends, while others don't.
Reply 5
Please help 😭

You sound really young? How old are you both
Reply 6
Original post by 230623
You sound really young? How old are you both

17 & he's 18.
Reply 7
Original post by Kathy89
I think you should meet in a public place first. The best is group meeting, like where there might be mutual friends or more people with common interests just so you will be safer meeting a stranger and you could escape a conversation if something goes wrong.
You are not in love with him, you are in love with the image he created online (even if he is real and not trying to be different in reality people are slightly different). I'm much more shy in reality but once I open up I'm funny and playful and acting like a kid... online I'm much more serious. I'm not doing it on purpose, it just happens because I lack the eye contact and the energetic field of the person I talk to so it is less comfortable to be fun and playful. He may be very adorable online but very boring in real life...
I'm not trying to disappoint you, but just show some perspective on the issue.
Is he a Muslim too? Is it allowed to have guy friends (a non-romantic relationship)... there are different movements in Islam, some allow guy friends, while others don't.

Even non- romantic relationships aren't allowed. We can only communicate for work/school/projects/help. Thank you for the advice but I ended it- as it was haram (not permissible).
Reply 8
This is more dependent on both of your exact ages, but you should really end the relationship now. This isn't because of the issue of religion, I was raised religious but have learned that rules of religion are highly outdated, I'm more concerned about the age gap and how far he is taking this while you are still new to relationships. It can be dangerous to be in a relationship with someone even just a few years older than you, there is a gap in maturity and they will take advantage of that. You should break up with him, and if he insists on a relationship then you should block him for the sake of your safety.

Thank you. I followed your advice and broke up- yet, I dont get why I feel so much pain even though it was just an online relationship. Perhaps this is because I felt like he only cared and made me feel loved - and now no one does.
Reply 9
17 & he's 18.

You said he's 3 years older than you but now there's a 1 year age gap? but anyway, I'd suggest meeting him in public
(edited 6 months ago)
Thank you. I followed your advice and broke up- yet, I dont get why I feel so much pain even though it was just an online relationship. Perhaps this is because I felt like he only cared and made me feel loved - and now no one does.

Allah loves you, and he loves all of us. I recommend telling your parents everything, especially now that it's over.

I understand, breakups are always difficult and it will take time to get over but you will be okay! Remember to spend time with your friends and family to distract yourself from these feelings. Also, online relationships are usually really emotionally difficult and it is extremely dangerous to get in a relationship with someone with a big age gap to you, stay safe and take your time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending