The Student Room Group

SHINee Jonghyun death. I need to vent.

Anyone..?
you can post your vent on here :smile:
Go ahead. Cry it all out. Just finished today but me and my mates were tryna avoid this topic but it's everywhere... :bawling:
Reply 3
I haven't been feeling great at all this past week. I don't know if you knew SHINee jjong but I want to say that I dearly miss him. He took his life yesterday. He poisoned himself with CO and left suicide notes. His doctor told him he was hearing voices in his head when battling with depression. He was under so much pressure by the industry that it took a toll on him. It's worrying me and upsetting me. I've loved him long as a musician, his songs have healed me soothed me yet I feel emptiness. I want to learn from this event. I want to find a way to help prevent further suicides. I want him to know that I really miss him and that we're in pain. But he left all of us too soon. His fans, his family. Everyone. I'm angry but mostly upset. I don't know what to do.
I still can't get over it.. I don't think i ever will.
R.I.P Jonghyun, you worked hard :frown:
RIP Jonghyun, you’ll be missed <3
Original post by kimtaehyung
I haven't been feeling great at all this past week. I don't know if you knew SHINee jjong but I want to say that I dearly miss him. He took his life yesterday. He poisoned himself with CO and left suicide notes. His doctor told him he was hearing voices in his head when battling with depression. He was under so much pressure by the industry that it took a toll on him. It's worrying me and upsetting me. I've loved him long as a musician, his songs have healed me soothed me yet I feel emptiness. I want to learn from this event. I want to find a way to help prevent further suicides. I want him to know that I really miss him and that we're in pain. But he left all of us too soon. His fans, his family. Everyone. I'm angry but mostly upset. I don't know what to do.

Try to celebrate his works and his dedication to them - what we all fell in love with him at first for. It's claimed he didn't feel good enough and (though I'm no expert), as I'm sure he's watching over everyone he left behind, prove to him that he was. I just hope he's at peace now.

Also it's sad that it takes something so tragic to get people talking about mental health issues, and in this case, depression. Unfortunately, that's just how cruel the world can be. Although his death is a tragic incident, I hope it at least raises awareness to the issue that is the stigma attached to mental health issues and helps to prevent any further tragedies of the sort.
Original post by kimtaehyung

I feel your pain! If only he had someone to put a stop to his thoughts and to pull out of the darkness into the light.... *sighs* The only thing we can do now is raise concerns about mental health and comfort people to prevent this from happening again hopefully. I really hate how companies don't really support idols who need support as if an idol's depressed it means he won't be able to work hard as other idols in other companies which will ruin the companies image meaning... less money. aARGHH.
It happened so suddenly and really hit me since I didn't imagine he would take his life.

Will never forget this guy, rip Jonghyun.
RIP Jonghyun. its soooo sad. I'm still crying :frown::cry::cry::cry:

Quick Reply

Latest