The Student Room Group

Design Portfolio for University

I need to create a design portfolio for one of the courses I have applied for. However, I do not do design at A level so Ive been using tutorials to help me create things on illustrator and photoshop. Is it okay for me to submit the work I carry out using the tutorial into my portfolio. Or would it be an issue with say copyright or plagiarism?
Regardless of the intellectual property aspects, realistically work at the level of and based on the standard tutorials for the programs being used will probably not suffice to demonstrate the depth or breadth needed for such a portfolio.

Obviously using the tutorials to learn how to use the program, then using this knowledge to create self-directed work separate from it would be acceptable. You would need to demonstrate more than just being able to use the softwares - that you can utilise different design approaches in an iterative way to develop a final product.

It would be more helpful to know exactly what the course in question is, since it's puzzling as to what course you could apply to 5 different versions of and have exactly one require a portfolio.

Quick Reply

Latest