The Student Room Group

Current Year 11s - what alevels are you planning on doing?

Scroll to see replies

I want to do French, German, Maths and Further Maths.
doing french, english lit, history and politics. hopefully i'll do epq if i have the time.
Reply 142
Maths, Physics, Sociology and English Lit. Probably will drop English for A2 and hopefully in the future go into aerospace engineering.
Original post by k0by
I’m planning on doing Sociology, Psychology and Economics lol wby

Edit: i originally said business but i’ve decided to take economics instead

I’m taking Psychology, Sociology and English was going to do 4 and take Biology but i think it’s better this way x
Sorry, I'm a bit late to this thread, but read most of it.
I am taking:
Computer science or IT(if going to another school, my current school don't do it)
Physics
Maths(50% of it is in physics, so it helps a lot)
Electronics
I have been told not to take 4 subjects but I would still like to take these because they are all similar in a way and linked, they go together well in my opinion. I would like to be an engineer.
(edited 6 years ago)
economics, politics, maths, then philosophy or history
I’m doing:

Maths

German

Biology

And one of chemistry, music or French :smile:
Original post by bluemuffin
I’m doing:

Maths

German

Biology

And one of chemistry, music or French :smile:

Do you know what job you would like to do or at least what kind of field, for your other subject choose the one you not only enjoy most or are best at, but what careers you may be interested in, which include it.
At open evenings I had a look at chemistry, it seems like it would be hard but very interesting and fun. However, the careers involving chemistry I wasn't interested in
Reply 148
Original post by Iahmed512
Do you know what job you would like to do or at least what kind of field, for your other subject choose the one you not only enjoy most or are best at, but what careers you may be interested in, which include it.
At open evenings I had a look at chemistry, it seems like it would be hard but very interesting and fun. However, the careers involving chemistry I wasn't interested in

Career wise I’m interested in:
Law related
Psychology related
Business/Economics related
Does your current sixth form/college or the one you would like to go to, not offer any of them subjects, I find it quite surprising the amount of sixth forms that don't offer common or important subjects.
My current school's sixth form offer business, law and psychology, You should definitely consider a sixth form which offers these.
In my opinion,( you or others may disagree) languages are over rated, the benefits people talk about including teachers are not always true and may not apply even in a business. If it is important enough then in a business they would expect you to be able to talk it fluently, you can pass or do well in a language but it does not automatically make you great at speaking it.
French, Spanish, English and either Maths or Latin :tongue:
If I can get the maths grade 8 I require (currently working at about a 7) I'll do Physics, Maths and Further Maths. Otherwise it'll be Physics, Maths and Chemistry or Computer Science
i want to do heath and social care level 3 betec and sociology
Original post by k0by
I’m planning on doing Sociology, Psychology and Economics lol wby

Edit: i originally said business but i’ve decided to take economics instead

Maths
Further Maths
Computer Science
Physics

(my chosen sixth form offers 4 AS levels)
Reply 154
I've applied to many different schools and a lot of them don't do all my subjects so I have different subject lists
The subjects that I'd love to do are English Lit, History, Spanish and Government and Politics but at certain schools I've chosen History, English Lit, Government and Politics and Economics and I might change that to Sociology or something or Philosophy and Ethics.
photography
graphics
illustration
(maybe an EPQ)
Definitely Geography - then either Biology and Chemistry or Physics swapped with either of them, I'm really indecisive as I love physics at the moment but I think it is because I have a really good teacher (plus I'm not amazing at maths) but in other years I have always loved biology/chemistry the best and have been more interested in them! I also want to do an EPQ!
I’m going to take physcology, biology and English lit + EPQ. Fingers crossed they all go well and I get the GCSEs to do them!
Good luck to everyone else
Biology, Chemistry and Geography. Good luck everyone!
I'm doing English literature, modern history and photography

Quick Reply

Latest