The Student Room Group

Current Year 11s - what alevels are you planning on doing?

Scroll to see replies

English Lit/Lang or English Lit, Modern History, Politics and EPQ (most probably)
Original post by owright08
English Lit/Lang or English Lit, Modern History, Politics and EPQ (most probably)

i wanna be a journalist!
Original post by k0by
I’m planning on doing Sociology, Psychology and Economics lol wby

Edit: i originally said business but i’ve decided to take economics instead

I am planning on doing Biology, Psychology, Chemistry/economics
Reply 163
Original post by tay_lee
also really want to do bio, chem, and history but I'm struggling to choose between maths and history.

What about doing the IB? Then you can do all of them?
Original post by m.little31
Biology, Chemistry and Geography. Good luck everyone!

Ooh - these are the ones I want to do :smile: Do you know what you want to do after sixth form?
english literature, sociology, history
Reply 166
Original post by k0by
Why can’t you do them? And what’s an IB? (Also I’ve changed business to economics)

There are no schools near me that do A-Levels so I can't :frown: IBDP is the same as A Level except you have to do:

- One 'fluent' language
- One second language
- One science subject
- One humanities subject
- Maths
- One Art subject

Three of them have to be higher level and three have to be standard level :frown:
Original post by Lydia.Mx
Ooh - these are the ones I want to do :smile: Do you know what you want to do after sixth form?

I’m thinking of doing Physiotherapy, however that might change in two years - I may be doing medicine 😂 Do you know what you want to do?
Original post by k0by
I’m planning on doing Sociology, Psychology and Economics lol wby

Edit: i originally said business but i’ve decided to take economics instead

Im planning on maths, further maths, economics and gov politics
I know I want to do ICT and Media but have no idea what else to do, maths and English are completely ruled out.
Maths computer science economics further maths
Health and social care, Criminology and art
I’m thinking of doing Physiotherapy, however that might change in two years - I may be doing medicine 😂 Do you know what you want to do?

Ohh cool!! My friend wants to do physiotherapy but she's going down the college course! Hahaha yeah it's two years - I guess you never know 😂 Not really, I'm thinking of going to UNI to do some sort of geography degree - either that or go down the medicine route - I'm quite undecided 😂 I'm still unsure if I should take Biology & Chemistry or Physics but I was looking at degrees I wanted to do & I think it keeps more options open doing biology & chemistry then physics :smile:
Original post by Lydia.Mx
Ohh cool!! My friend wants to do physiotherapy but she's going down the college course! Hahaha yeah it's two years - I guess you never know 😂 Not really, I'm thinking of going to UNI to do some sort of geography degree - either that or go down the medicine route - I'm quite undecided 😂 I'm still unsure if I should take Biology & Chemistry or Physics but I was looking at degrees I wanted to do & I think it keeps more options open doing biology & chemistry then physics :smile:

Aw very cool. I’m definitely going to UNI. That is one of the reasons why i did I biology, geography and chemistry because it allows me to keep my options open 😂 Good Luck with everything :smile:
Aw very cool. I’m definitely going to UNI. That is one of the reasons why i did I biology, geography and chemistry because it allows me to keep my options open 😂 Good Luck with everything :smile:

That's cool! Yeah they are all facilitating subjects so they should be useful with whatever degree you decide to do! Thank you :smile: Good luck to you too! :smile:
I’m doing Spanish, German Biology and chenistry and a GCSE in Japanese but will most likely drop a science after AS
I'm going to do Psychology, Biology and Law. I want to become either a police officer or a paramedic. Either of these jobs are interesting to me, I'm currently in a dilemma, as I don't know which of the two careers I really want to do.
I'm doing biology, chemistry and psychology
I find bio and psychology really interesting, but chem is just so hard for me! The thing is that I really like this subject (but i'm not capable of understanding it as well as bio) and I need it as I want to study a science related career
I’m doing English Lit, Sociology, History, and Politics. I might only do Politics AS though instead of the full A level.

I might’ve answered this thread before but either way I’ve changed my A levels since then anyway.
Biology, Chemistry and either History or Geography (most likely History though). I might do an EPQ but I've heard that it's so much work and not so much pay off depending on what uni you want to go to.

Quick Reply

Latest