The Student Room Group

Dsidi's (hopefully successful) GCSE Journey!

Hi, thanks for reading my GYG Blog!

I'm currently in year 10 so I'll be sitting my GCSE's next year. My motivation is pretty low and I procrastinate wayyyyyy to much (I'm meant to be doing homework now lol). I know it only gets harder from here with A-Levels, Uni and all that so I thought starting this blog would not only inspire me to do better (especially because all my results and notes would be going online) but also to share my trips and tricks and make mistakes so you guys don't have to - at least not the same ones as me!:u:
When I'm older I'd maybe like to go into investment banking or stockbroking, basically, something finance-y. So although I'm not 100% sure on what I want to take for AS and A-Levels Imma have to take maths and probably economics.
It's a dream of mine to take Economics and Management or PPE (Politics, Philosophy and Economics) at Oxford so:
I really want to get all 9's but I know I need to put in work as well. Here are my predicted grades and working at's so far:

Spoiler

Extra-Curriculars/Additional things that sound a bit Personal Statementey (ik thats not a word):
I'm bilingual - English (obvs) and Kannada - you probs haven't heard of it, it's an Indian language but it's on google translate so that's my claim to fame lool:tongue:
I'm a Guide - doing my Baden Powell Challenge at the moment and I'll be at ICANDO BP Holiday in January- please comment if you are too!
I did Model UN and somehow won the County award, representing Brazil
I did the Magistrate's Mock Trial this year and we got to the National Finals- I was lead Defence lawyer
I'm doing D of E Bronze
I'm doing Ad Maths
Volunteer at Brownies - love doing charity work and that sort of thing so please comment any suggestions like I just cut my hair (54cm) for the Little Princess Trust, an amazing charity who make wigs for children who have lost their hair through Chemotherapy.
Please visit my just giving page and donate x :
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/disha-h

Sorry for the huge essay but thank you so much for reading, I'm setting myself a New Year's Resolution to be as organised as possible and regularly post here.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
We have similar subjects, our RS course is the same, what religions are you studying?
Reply 2
Original post by adamantacademic
We have similar subjects, our RS course is the same, what religions are you studying?

Christianity and Islam
Original post by dsidi
Christianity and Islam

Yep same!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending