The Student Room Group

Is it possible to change?

I've applied to civil engineering. If I find it uninteresting i'd be looking to go to mechanical engineering.

I know transferring would be difficult, but at cardiff university, the offer for civil and mechanical is the same (same specific subjects as well I.E only maths required)
would a transfer be possible? what are the usual course transfer procedures like within the same uni?
Reply 1
Maybe @Doonesbury could help with this.
Yes. You can transfer course within three weeks of the academic year starting (if you want to change that particular academic year and not want to wait another academic year again) according to CUSU's website.

Depending on how much overlap there is for Civil and Mechanical in the first year, you MIGHT be able to change course later. I was on an MEng Electronics and CompSci course at Edinburgh, but I moved over to straight CompSci just before semester 1 finished and I was allowed to do this due to the large amount of overlap across the two degrees. But obviously Cardiff and Edinburgh are two different universities, so YMMV.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Black Water
Maybe @Doonesbury could help with this.

It depends on the university. Some have a common first year, where it would be straightforward. If not you'll just have to check, with the possibility of a refusal.

Loughborough for example does this. Dunno about Cardiff. It would be wise to just ask them.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest