The Student Room Group

Changing University Application and Course

I have already applied through UCAS for BA Photography and received 4/5 offers. However I have now decided that I do not wish to study this anymore and would like to change to a Geography degree. Is it possible to withdraw my current application and reapply for Geography? I know I am passed the UCAS deadline but is it still possible to apply again after cancelling my initial application?

Also, does anyone have experience with applying after the deadline and still receiving offers?
Original post by billyhawkins
I have already applied through UCAS for BA Photography and received 4/5 offers. However I have now decided that I do not wish to study this anymore and would like to change to a Geography degree. Is it possible to withdraw my current application and reapply for Geography? I know I am passed the UCAS deadline but is it still possible to apply again after cancelling my initial application?

Also, does anyone have experience with applying after the deadline and still receiving offers?

The majority of courses stay open after the deadline, so lots of people will have experience getting offers with 'late' applications.

Assuming that you applied more than 2 weeks ago since you have 4 decisions? If so, are you wanting to apply to different unis, or change subject at your existing uni choices?
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
The majority of courses stay open after the deadline, so lots of people will have experience getting offers with 'late' applications.

Assuming that you applied more than 2 weeks ago since you have 4 decisions? If so, are you wanting to apply to different unis, or change subject at your existing uni choices?
I applied back in October. I would need to change to different unis as my original universities are all art schools, apart from Kingston University.
I applied back in October. I would need to change to different unis as my original universities are all art schools, apart from Kingston University.

In that case your only option is to use UCAS Extra from 28th February onwards.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-offer/extra-choices

Note that you would be applying to courses one at a time, and could only Firm one Extra choice. You wouldn't have an option for an Insurance choice.
Reply 4
Thank you.

Do you think it would be possible to contact Kingston University now and ask if it would be possible to switch courses from Photography to Geography? Then if they say no I could go the UCAS Extra route.
Thank you.

Do you think it would be possible to contact Kingston University now and ask if it would be possible to switch courses from Photography to Geography? Then if they say no I could go the UCAS Extra route.

Absolutely, that's the least risky option to begin with. Worst case, they just say no.
Reply 6
Thank you very much for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending