The Student Room Group

Horrendous exam clashes and timetable

Not sure if anyone is in the same boat as me but I take Biology Business Geography and English Literature and my exam timetable isn't looking great. On one day I have 7 hours of exams and all of my Business and Biology exams clash , meaning I have at least 4 hours of exams on half of the only 6 days I have exams on. Will I have to stay at a teachers house overnight?

Was wondering if there is anything I can do at all or if I simply have to stick to it.
Original post by hazb99
Not sure if anyone is in the same boat as me but I take Biology Business Geography and English Literature and my exam timetable isn't looking great. On one day I have 7 hours of exams and all of my Business and Biology exams clash , meaning I have at least 4 hours of exams on half of the only 6 days I have exams on. Will I have to stay at a teachers house overnight?

Was wondering if there is anything I can do at all or if I simply have to stick to it.

Talk to your exam officer. You can apply for special consideration on days where you exceed what I think is 5.5hours of exams. Would have to look it up but your exam officer will know.

I don think 4hrs of exams is a problem. It is common or used to be for people to have 6 hours being a 3hr paper in the morning and the same in the afternoon.

Find a good pen and practice exams plus take care of yourself.
Reply 2
Don't worry, clashes are very common. Last year we dealt with over 300 involving about 170 different students in total.

If an exam session (i.e. am or pm) lasts more than 3 hours then one can be moved to the other session in a day and you are kept in isolation between them. During that time you can revise, eat, sleep etc. If you have more than 6 hours in a day then you can either move one to the following day or do the lot in one day and you can claim special consideration for the last one. If you move one to the next day then you and a parent have to sign to say that you will not have access to a load of stuff and you have to be collected and delivered to school. (The staying at a teacher's house went out about 15 years ago).

Quick Reply

Latest