The Student Room Group

Child nursing

I have an interview for the child nursing course at the end of January. I am just trying to do as much research as possible as I am really nervous!
I have to take part in a debate and then mini interviews, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or had an idea what both may entail?
Thank you!
Original post by Laurenemily93
I have an interview for the child nursing course at the end of January. I am just trying to do as much research as possible as I am really nervous!
I have to take part in a debate and then mini interviews, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or had an idea what both may entail?
Thank you!

Hi, this link may help you: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5084328 it has advice about nursing, midwifery & allied health course interviews.
I didn’t have a debate task in any of my interviews (for adult nursing) but it is worth reading the advice in the link about group interviews as I assume there will be similarities between the two.
Doing some research on the latest news in children’s nursing & healthcare in general would be a good idea. You don’t need to be an expert just have an awareness of latest news.
It is worth looking at the university’s website to see if they have any advice on there about the interview process & checking any information provided with your interview invitation.
Be sure you know the role of a children’s nurse, a bit about the university & your relevant skills & experiences.
My last piece of advice is to, on the day, take a few seconds to think about what you want to say when you answer a question to avoid waffling.
Good Luck with your interview.
Thank you! Very helpful reply 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending