The Student Room Group

Can i get an AUX cord fitted into my car or not?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IWMTom
What sort of cheapo Chinese tat are you buying for £30 that gives you a new stereo, wiring harnesses, and facias?

Everything would be behind the dash, with just the Aux cable coming out from somewhere convenient - hardly messy!

35 quid just for the aux sounds ridiculous
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Liamw1998
Just look on Halfords and you can find plenty of stuff similar or less than £35 (stereos), that’s where I got mine and I love it. And where is it going to conveniently come out?

Right... the cheapest they've got that isn't ex-display is £39 and that's just the stereo... you do realise wiring harnesses are notoriously stupidly expensive, right? And if a facia adapter is required? Certainly a lot more than £35!

That's for the OP to decide, but I could think of many places.
Original post by IWMTom
Right... the cheapest they've got that isn't ex-display is £39 and that's just the stereo... you do realise wiring harnesses are notoriously stupidly expensive, right? And if a facia adapter is required? Certainly a lot more than £35!

That's for the OP to decide, but I could think of many places.

All I know is I bought a stereo for 40/50 quid (only slightly more than 35), and I got a nice new stereo, cool effects, no tape machine thing but a cd player instead, aux, usb etc.

Would rather that than save 5/15 pounds and just get a *****y wire squeezing through my dashboard
Reply 23
All I know is I bought a stereo for 40/50 quid (only slightly more than 35), and I got a nice new stereo, cool effects, no tape machine thing but a cd player instead, aux, usb etc.

Would rather that than save 5/15 pounds and just get a *****y wire squeezing through my dashboard

Some people would prefer the OEM look than having some tacky aftermarket thing sat in their car.
I remember when I got my first car and it had a ****ing tape deck :lol: I bought a little gadget off eBay though that's basically a cassette with an AUX cable coming out, and you put the cassette into the tape deck and then plug the AUX cable into your device :h: Quality was naff, though.
Original post by IWMTom
Some people would prefer the OEM look than having some tacky aftermarket thing sat in their car.

A wire squeezing out your dashboard wouldn’t be tacky? But a pretty fancy looking stereo would? That I do not understand
Reply 26
A wire squeezing out your dashboard wouldn’t be tacky? But a pretty fancy looking stereo would? That I do not understand

Sigh.. some people..
Original post by IWMTom
Sigh.. some people..

Yes how silly I am, I totally get it now, please give me back my old *****y cassette player and a 5 quid refund and just stick a ****in wire through my dashboard... oh please please please 😍😍😍
Reply 28
Yes how silly I am, I totally get it now, please give me back my old *****y cassette player and a 5 quid refund and just stick a ****in wire through my dashboard... oh please please please 😍😍😍

Really not sure why you're envisioning some wire stuck out a hole - it really wouldn't be all that tricky to neatly put an aux-in port somewhere.

If you want some tacky stereo in your car because you're turned on by flashy lights, by all means, go for it, but the OP asked how they can retrofit an Aux cord to their car. Go figure.
Original post by IWMTom
Really not sure why you're envisioning some wire stuck out a hole - it really wouldn't be all that tricky to neatly put an aux-in port somewhere.

If you want some tacky stereo in your car because you're turned on by flashy lights, by all means, go for it, but the OP asked how they can retrofit an Aux cord to their car. Go figure.

Well apart from the fact that wasn’t what he asked, I guess you’re right.

And oh god yes the main reason for buying the better quality stereo with more features, more hardware ports and more modern uses, was so that I could get some lights on it, oh god how did you know? 😳😳😂
Reply 30
Well apart from the fact that wasn’t what he asked, I guess you’re right.

And oh god yes the main reason for buying the better quality stereo with more features, more hardware ports and more modern uses, was so that I could get some lights on it, oh god how did you know? 😳😳😂

Sigh.. don't be so childish - you've made your point (albeit shot down in flames on the price part!).
im a girl btw
but thank you guys!!! mucho appreciated
Guys, can we both calm down please? It's not a battle - both suggestions are valid and I'm sure arguing isn't helping OP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending