The Student Room Group

MA Public Policy Nottingham/Bristol

I'm an third year history undergraduate at the University of Manchester who is interested in doing an MA in Public Policy. I'm on track to recieve a mid-to-high 2.1, so its all good in the hood as far as academics is concerned. I was just wondering if there was anyone out there whohas trodden a similar path who could advise on any work experience I could and or/should pursue, or what parts of a history degree could one emphasise which could help get onto a Public Policy course.
Reply 1
Most MPP have core modules in Governance, Political Economy, Policy Analysis. Does your history course cover similar modules? Bristol and Nott are solid MPP programmes, what are your academic areas of interest? Social Policy?

I would certainly recommend work experience such as internship or a gap year, admissions look favourably on relevant work exp and you would be able to relate theory with practical work. It can be with public (councils, gov, Non profits, education) or private sector. Job functions such as research/project assistant are useful.

Go to your uni's career centre and schedule an appointment with adviser, you should be able to look at database of potential organisations. I am certain there is a UoM career fair with reps from relevant orgs. Some UoM Alumni with similar career path may also be able to help.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending