The Student Room Group

Not dating anyone of a certain race: preference or persecution?

Scroll to see replies

If you're think you're being persecuted because someone doesn't find you attractive you really need to get over yourself tbqh.
Reply 61
Simple yet summed up well.

I must say though I find it quite bizarre when people say they don't find a certain race attractive. There are physically attractive people in every race, the ratios between those that are attractive or not are subjective.
lol nah that's defo still racist. People don't find attraction and pick sexual mates simply off looks. Attraction is deeper than face value, it is a psychological and subconscious science. people are naturally and inadvertently attracted to someone they feel IF they made children, would the children be attractive and healthy and thus have a nice life. Because everyone's biggest fear is a bad legacy after death ie not being remembered, slandered, and shameful offspring. So considering all of this it impacts who people marry or simply date and mate with. That's why there are arranged marriages, matchmakers, strict dating rules etc in hundreds of cultures across the globe since the dawn of time, and why shallow relationships, single parent relationships, poor relationships, and young relationships are still looked down upon, from high society to even facebook.

And based on racist stereotypes (which are based on undeniable re-occurrences within a race) people are considered more likely to create a shameful or useless relationship and broken home, leaving behind a bad legacy, people's biggest fear because survival instincts fly off the charts. This is why people who even find black or whoever people attractive still will not date them or marry them. While it's understandable, it's totally racist but politically correct people call it "separatism." Not being attracted to a certain person from a certain race or social group simply means you look at them and cringe thinking of what people will say and what life you very well might have, even if you find them good looking.
Original post by Zelex
Simple yet summed up well.

I must say though I find it quite bizarre when people say they don't find a certain race attractive. There are physically attractive people in every race, the ratios between those that are attractive or not are subjective.

read my above comment
Original post by Mr Smurf
Having dating preferences is acceptable. I am an Oriental guy who only likes white girls. However I know that most white girls never go for Oriental guys. Neither is racist.

Your fixation with white girls is probably in some way attributed to the dominant beauty standard being found with white people, which is based on racism.

The fact you desrcibe yourself as "Oriental" is a product of western oreintalism.

Don't do it dude :frown:
The first is certainly worse in terms of the moral character of that individual.

But you have to ask where the preferece in the second one comes from. If society deems white people to be on avaerage be more attractive then there is something going on.

I can tell I do it. The black women I find attractive tend to mirror white beauty standards.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Your fixation with white girls is probably in some way attributed to the dominant beauty standard being found with white people, which is based on racism.

The fact you desrcibe yourself as "Oriental" is a product of western oreintalism.

Don't do it dude :frown:

Arguing with the Smurf with anything contrary to his literal mantra is like trying to invade Russia in the Winter. You might think it's a good idea, and you might give it a go. You might even think that you have a solid rationale and that you're even making headway. But ultimately, you can't fight it, you'll be bogged down, be drained of energy and just eventually lose hope and give up.
Preference

No different to saying you want someone of a certain height, weight, hair colour etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending