The Student Room Group

When to start revising...

Hi,

When should I start revising?

I read something where it said the most successful students start revising 6-12 weeks before their exam at GCSEs.
Others say start now but I don’t want to burn myself out.

Thank-you :smile:
Original post by SophieMay16
Hi,

When should I start revising?

I read something where it said the most successful students start revising 6-12 weeks before their exam at GCSEs.
Others say start now but I don’t want to burn myself out.

Thank-you :smile:

Now and pace yourself.

Starting too early and you can always slow down.
Leave it too late and you are screwed.

Burning yourself is unlikely.
My exam's ( first gcse ) in 3 months and I'm doing light-medium revision. I wanna be doing more because I'm so scared to fail, but everything's going alright so far. I think if it's not until awhile just do some light revision until it's a few months away :smile:
Reply 3
I revised 1 month before exams and got a/a*s only focused on coursework around this time
(edited 6 years ago)
I agree, I’m not really doing loads just getting small things done (e.g: mastering bearings:biggrin: or making quote banks for English)
I think I’ll up the revision after Easter, idk though:tongue:
Just do what you feel is right for you:h:
Original post by 999tigger
Now and pace yourself.

Starting too early and you can always slow down.
Leave it too late and you are screwed.

Burning yourself is unlikely.

Okay thank-you for your help!
Original post by idontcare------
My exam's ( first gcse ) in 3 months and I'm doing light-medium revision. I wanna be doing more because I'm so scared to fail, but everything's going alright so far. I think if it's not until awhile just do some light revision until it's a few months away :smile:

Mine start in the middle of May too, thank-you for your help! :smile:
Original post by aceplayyt
1 revised 1 month before exams and got a/a*s only focused on coursework and around this time

Okay thank-you! & well done, those are amazing results!
Original post by Toastiekid
I agree, I’m not really doing loads just getting small things done (e.g: mastering bearings:biggrin: or making quote banks for English)
I think I’ll up the revision after Easter, idk though:tongue:
Just do what you feel is right for you:h:

Okay thank-you so much! Good luck for your exams!
Start now and gradually build the hours up. I always find that it is better to do past papers heavily in the run-up to the exam. Trying to cram really does not work for me, but everyone is different.
Okay thank-you! & well done, those are amazing results!

Think about it though. You are not that person. They could be brighter or more prepared than you are. You will get plenty of answers from TSR with people who didnt revise till the night before and got all A*.

Just be honest with yourself.
I’m starting 1st February and studying 1-3 subjects each day for 1 hour each
Original post by Phillip Banks
Start now and gradually build the hours up. I always find that it is better to do past papers heavily in the run-up to the exam. Trying to cram really does not work for me, but everyone is different.

Okay thank-you!
Original post by Y11_Maths
I’m starting 1st February and studying 1-3 subjects each day for 1 hour each

I was thinking of doing something similar, thank-you for your response!
Original post by 999tigger
Think about it though. You are not that person. They could be brighter or more prepared than you are. You will get plenty of answers from TSR with people who didnt revise till the night before and got all A*.

Just be honest with yourself.

Okay, thank-you :smile:
I was thinking of doing something similar, thank-you for your response!

You’re welcome 🙂
3 months
Original post by anoymous77
3 months

Okay thank-you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending