The Student Room Group

progressing into year 13

I want to make sure I am well organized when I start year 13. I've found it difficult to keep up with my work in year 12 and always crammed for tests. Is there a checklist of things I need to do to ensure I'm always on top of my work without slacking off in year 13?
Original post by com3t
I want to make sure I am well organized when I start year 13. I've found it difficult to keep up with my work in year 12 and always crammed for tests. Is there a checklist of things I need to do to ensure I'm always on top of my work without slacking off in year 13?

Hi @com3t

I found it helpful to prepare for year 13 over the summer so it doesn't seem so overwhelming when you start in September. I'd recommend finding the specifications for your subject and exam board, and using these as a revision checklist. You could also make some revision resources over the summer, like flashcards or making online sets on Quizlet, so you are briefly looking over the content over the summer and can focus on revising when you start year 13, instead of making your revision.

I always feel more relaxed when I'm organised, so take some time to organise yourself, your work and your revision to be better prepared for year 13. But also remember to take some well deserved rest so you won't burn out from constant working.

Hope this helps,
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU

Quick Reply

Latest