The Student Room Group

History exam help

hii! So i have a history exam tomorrow and I have honestly revised so hard for it. However, the only thing that I am not sure about is how to structure my exam answers. For example an 8 mark question may ask “which source do you find more convincing?”

How would I structure a question like this as these questions seem to be my weak points in past exams. Thanks!
Try doing;
Point- which one you think
Quote- which part
Explain- why you think so
Evaluate- what does this show/ mean
Conclude- therefore equals...

And then vice versa and perhaps include a mini conclusion highlighting the comparison between them both and why one is better than the other and then what faults there are with the other source.

Hope this helps :smile:
Hello, I’m currently in my second year of GCSE History and we’ve been told to set out 8 Mark questions in 2 JOCAT paragraphs, one for each source: Judgement (how useful is the source), Objectivity (either nature, origin or purpose of the source and explain if it makes it reliable showing both sides), Content (what does the source tell you about what the question is asking), Accuracy (use your own knowledge to suggest of what the source Osborne claiming is accurate), Typicality (is what you can see going on everywhere). Once you’ve done this for both sources you can write a conclusion including your judgement and if you remembers JOCAT and you know you’re content ten you should get a high mark, I know it’s worked for me and the rest of my class :smile:
Reply 3
thanks for the tips!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending