The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Where do u guys get the money? :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by somaia2000
They already replied to me. I am in the waiting list!
Did y receive reply from them Jasealy?

Somaia,

Yes, i got an offer from them a while back. But remember im an international graduate. I had my results and grades already in for them to look at!

Good luck with your future offers. Are you taking the A-levels and awaiting results?
Reply 42
Original post by cmonb123
Where do u guys get the money? :smile:

Cmonb, I know right!

Its a big sacrifice anywhere in the world honestly. Im an international student coming from the Caribbean and I did my first degree in the USA. To study medicine both in the US and Caribbean will equate to more money than at Buckingham! - Its insane!

- J
Original post by jasealy
Cmonb, I know right!

Its a big sacrifice anywhere in the world honestly. Im an international student coming from the Caribbean and I did my first degree in the USA. To study medicine both in the US and Caribbean will equate to more money than at Buckingham! - Its insane!

- J

Where in the Caribbean? Jamaica? :wink:

and why are u coming over then if u already have degree?
Reply 44
Where in the Caribbean? Jamaica? :wink:

and why are u coming over then if u already have degree?

LOOL, im from Trinidad.

And I did a first degree in health sciences and biology. The end goal is always to do medicine. In the US you always have to do a first degree on a premedical track before going to medical school. But around the world, it seems that many people have to get a first degree in the sciences before getting into a medical school due to the competition.

-J
Original post by jasealy
LOOL, im from Trinidad.

And I did a first degree in health sciences and biology. The end goal is always to do medicine. In the US you always have to do a first degree on a premedical track before going to medical school. But around the world, it seems that many people have to get a first degree in the sciences before getting into a medical school due to the competition.

-J

ohh you see I'm applying to do biomedical science then going to GEM which is the graduate route into medicine.
Reply 46
ohh you see I'm applying to do biomedical science then going to GEM which is the graduate route into medicine.

Yeah, that's a good plan! A lot of people typically have to end up doing this route!
Umm, I'm pretty sure I read that some schools allow students to study as a regular science student for the first year, and depending on grades or whatever, you can then apply and be accepted into their medical program. I don't know if this is still valid as I read this about 2 years ago when I was possibly interested. This was at the University of Leicester, if interested.

Good luck!,
J
Original post by jasealy
Yeah, that's a good plan! A lot of people typically have to end up doing this route!
Umm, I'm pretty sure I read that some schools allow students to study as a regular science student for the first year, and depending on grades or whatever, you can then apply and be accepted into their medical program. I don't know if this is still valid as I read this about 2 years ago when I was possibly interested. This was at the University of Leicester, if interested.

Good luck!,
J

yeah you are entirely correct, I've got offers from Leicester and uni in London called St George's.
yeah you are entirely correct, I've got offers from Leicester and uni in London called St George's.

You know that with Leicster if you're one of the top 8 in terms of academic performance (I think it's top 8, maybe slightly more or less) you can transfer to Med in the second year? I'm sure this isn't possible at St Georges, which leads me to this question: why St Georges?
Reply 49
Original post by wheresMyNut
Loooool this is literally the worst 'med school' to go to, received an email from them a couple of weeks ago, no UKCAT/BMAT required. GCSE grades irrelevant, no formal inerview, even your predicted grades don't have to be of a high standard. Don't know what kinda sh!tty doctors this med school will produce...

This is a perfect example of money buying you degrees which is quite disgraceful, especially when it comes to professions such as medicine where skills such as empathy, integrity etc are vital, we're playing with human lives here.

Actually the reason this medical school charges so much is that it is not subsidised by the government like other medical schools. The fees paid for this course IS THE REAL cost of training a doctor in a any medical school . By all indications the university will produce very good doctors . Student teacher ratio is pretty low and the feedback from students is one of the best is the UK.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by wheresMyNut
You know that with Leicster if you're one of the top 8 in terms of academic performance (I think it's top 8, maybe slightly more or less) you can transfer to Med in the second year? I'm sure this isn't possible at St Georges, which leads me to this question: why St Georges?

nice to see u Sarah u troll :smile:
How hard was the interview (to the ones who have already had theirs and got offers)? Is the whole process as intense as the "normal" med universities (that are funded by the government) in terms of competition and grading? I have mine on 12th July and pretty much shiting myself atm. Also, I dunno how the hell I am going to afford this looool
Reply 52
Original post by nikhil_gosangi
How hard was the interview (to the ones who have already had theirs and got offers)? Is the whole process as intense as the "normal" med universities (that are funded by the government) in terms of competition and grading? I have mine on 12th July and pretty much shiting myself atm. Also, I dunno how the hell I am going to afford this looool

Hey Nikhil,

The process wasn't too bad, but I won't tell you that it wasn't bit a nerve wrecking experience like I think most interviews generally are lol. If you had MMI done before you will have some experience and will be ready in terms of the format pretty well and that's always an advantage.

However, the interviewers are very friendly and really just want to see what you are like and how you think and then respond to different scenarios. Honestly, just smile and always be professional with your responses, think before you talk and always keep in mind "how you'd want to be treated as a patient or the directed person in the scenario". I also think there are no specific right or wrong answers for a lot of the stations, just justify yourself as to why you choose that response in as much detail as possible but remember not to ramble and contradict yourself in the end, from what you said in the beginning. With that said, know when to stop talking (prob my weakness in this process personally).

You got this - good luck!

-J
anyone on the waiting list like me?
Original post by jasealy
Hey CCC, yeah I went ahead and accepted the offer.
Are you between some other offers? also, are you an int'l student?

Anyone on the waiting list like me?
Reply 55
heyy

I got an interview for July

I was wondering if anyone knew how long they take to extend an offer?
Reply 56
Original post by gauria
heyy

I got an interview for July

I was wondering if anyone knew how long they take to extend an offer?

Hey Gauria,

Congratulations so far on being granted an interview.

I think it depends. Some hear back sooner than others. I heard back 3 weeks after the selection day. As my selection day was one of the first days, you might hear actually hear back sooner than 3 weeks, especially as it's at a later date in the year.

Good luck,
J
How are you guys/girls funding this?

Just curious because Buckingham medicine is like 200,000
Reply 58
Original post by jasealy
Hey Gauria,

Congratulations so far on being granted an interview.

I think it depends. Some hear back sooner than others. I heard back 3 weeks after the selection day. As my selection day was one of the first days, you might hear actually hear back sooner than 3 weeks, especially as it's at a later date in the year.

Good luck,
J

thank you!!!
hey does anyone know if the GMC accredits the undergrad Mb Chb course?

Latest

Trending

Trending