The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Akd_xxxxxxxxx
Hey guys! I’m an 18 year old that has applied and was wondering if there are any other 18 year olds/school leavers that have also applied - sounds silly but I’m getting nervous about if I’ll be able to fit in if I’m less mature/experienced than the rest of the cohort - especially socially😅

Hey! I’m 18 and I’ve got an offer :smile: I’m pretty sure there’s other school leavers there’s a nice mix of post grads and school leavers but dw there’s definitely people your age😊 do you already have an offer or have you just applied?
Original post by makahon
Hey! I’m 18 and I’ve got an offer :smile: I’m pretty sure there’s other school leavers there’s a nice mix of post grads and school leavers but dw there’s definitely people your age😊 do you already have an offer or have you just applied?

Ahh okay that sounds great - thanks for letting me know!😊
And I applied last week after visiting their open day - I didn’t get AAA on results day so didn’t get into my firm or insurance. I have an interview in September for Buckingham so really hoping this last chance goes well🙌🏼
Original post by Akd_xxxxxxxxx
Ahh okay that sounds great - thanks for letting me know!😊
And I applied last week after visiting their open day - I didn’t get AAA on results day so didn’t get into my firm or insurance. I have an interview in September for Buckingham so really hoping this last chance goes well🙌🏼

Np :smile: You’ve got plenty of time to prepare, good luck!
Reply 143
Hey I'm also 18 and will be having an interview in Sept
does anybody remember any of the previous MMI questions from the last interview? Would be much appreciated just to have an idea of the questions they asked. Thanks.
Original post by drfrozen
does anybody remember any of the previous MMI questions from the last interview? Would be much appreciated just to have an idea of the questions they asked. Thanks.

I do but I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to say. Honestly it didn't differ much from the standard MMI questions.
Original post by drfrozen

Idk anyone else’s thoughts on it but I found Medic Mind a helpful resource you can buy the course it’s relatively not expensive but there’s also a bunch of free vids on YouTube. Also Medic portal no doubt
Hey, I've got an interview coming up on the 4th of October for Jan 2019 entry. Does anyone have any advice on how best to prepare for the MMI? How many stations do they use? What personal attributes are they looking for?

Thanks.
What A level grades are they asking for
I believe they want AAB
Original post by thomasmuldoon
Hey, I've got an interview coming up on the 4th of October for Jan 2019 entry. Does anyone have any advice on how best to prepare for the MMI? How many stations do they use? What personal attributes are they looking for?

Thanks.

they use 10 stations i think and i personally used the MMI practice book and medic portal to test myself. Its the same attributes as any other med school eg confidence, empathy etc

Thanks.

Make sure you watch a couple of example videos so you’ve seen real life examples of verbal and non verbal communication eg on how to break bad news
Reply 152

Thanks.

Hi there. I've got an interview on 4th October as well! If you found any new informations regarding the interview, can you please share it with me? Thanks.
Reply 153
Did anyone here get an offer from the September 20th selection day?
Hi everyone 😊Just wondering If anyone here apply with a degree? I have got an interview on the 4th October. Completed a Bsc (Hons) Medical Science in May with a 2:1. I’m not sure whether I am extremely nervous about the fact that I’m a ‘mature student’ or the fact that I don’t know what to expect on the day. I am also yet to receive the time and information regarding the interview. Could Anyone here kindly advise whether they’ve received much information about what to expect on the day? Been looking at medic portal and watching you tube videos on how to approach ethics questions and MMI interviews. And also if they were mixture of students, like students between 25-28 😑🙈at the interview 😊 or mostly school leavers? Any information will be humbly appreciated.
Reply 155
Original post by Wynen15
Hi everyone 😊Just wondering If anyone here apply with a degree? I have got an interview on the 4th October. Completed a Bsc (Hons) Medical Science in May with a 2:1. I’m not sure whether I am extremely nervous about the fact that I’m a ‘mature student’ or the fact that I don’t know what to expect on the day. I am also yet to receive the time and information regarding the interview. Could Anyone here kindly advise whether they’ve received much information about what to expect on the day? Been looking at medic portal and watching you tube videos on how to approach ethics questions and MMI interviews. And also if they were mixture of students, like students between 25-28 😑🙈at the interview 😊 or mostly school leavers? Any information will be humbly appreciated.

Hello, I was in a similar situation(mature student and applied with a degree) prior to my interview. To help answer some of your questions; during our tour around the medical school and interacting with some of the students, there are quite a good number of students who joined with a degree. age shouldn’t really be your main worry. There were some mature students during my selection day as well so there is a mixture!
As for the MMI, I received an email from the school two weeks before my interview day informing me about the time and location and what to expect during selection day. Be yourself and let your passion for medicine shine through. Personally,Medic portal and YouTube videos prepared me best for the ethical questions.
Good luck with your interview!!
Hi Smily3y,
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply me! Your message has really helped. And it’s really comforting to know there are a mixture of students. I will definitely stick with medic portal for interview preparation. Thank you so much! Are you starting in January, or have you already started?
Reply 157
Original post by Wynen15
Hi Smily3y,
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply me! Your message has really helped. And it’s really comforting to know there are a mixture of students. I will definitely stick with medic portal for interview preparation. Thank you so much! Are you starting in January, or have you already started?

You’re welcome!!glad I could help!i received an offer to start in January.
That’s wonderful!! Congratulations Smily3y 👏🏾
Reply 159
Original post by Wynen15
That’s wonderful!! Congratulations Smily3y 👏🏾

Thank you!

Latest

Trending

Trending