The Student Room Group

Campus or city uni?

I have gotten offers from both Nottingham and Bristol university for economics but obviously one is a campus uni and the other is in the city. Which offers the better student life? Will it be harder to make friends in first year if you're not on a campus?
Reply 1
I would always go to a city uni as you get the best nightlife and shops and activities etc however campus may be good for meeting friends but you’ll meet a lot of friends in any accommodation whether city or campus uni
Original post by rachel3220
I have gotten offers from both Nottingham and Bristol university for economics but obviously one is a campus uni and the other is in the city. Which offers the better student life? Will it be harder to make friends in first year if you're not on a campus?

Heya, I don't go to either of those, but I did give my perspective on what it was like to live at a campus uni in this thread if you would like to check it out. There's also some pertinent links at the bottom to help you decide as well!
Original post by rachel3220

My undergrad uni was a campus uni, and my current postgrad uni is a city uni. I much prefer attending a city uni, as transport links are generally better, and you feel more part of the city's community rather than a completely separate entity. I have also been able to make (and keep) more friends that live both in student accommodation and in private accommodation/their own houses/out of the city etc. It's also a lot easier to shop and eat out as you get to know a wider range of areas in the city.

Campus unis can be great if you want to make friends who are living in the student accommodation/village with you, and want to take part in all the social events that happen, but if you're not keen on that, it can feel a bit samey and isolating.
Reply 4
Notts is a campus uni but the city centre is really close to the campus, it's a 10 minute bus ride so nights out/shopping/whatever else you might wanna do is there. You definitely won't feel isolated or anything like that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending