The Student Room Group

Additional Funding For Music Students

Hi, new here and I feel like I'll get some good advice here!

So I'm first year of my degree, Creative Music Technology.
I live with my fiancee in out private house. Both students, both got finance.
Both of our finances go on bills, rent, food and the car plus other bits like phones etc.
My fiancee buys books for her course, it's needed. But as a music students, I don't buy books, they are not needed! I need equipment!

As you people know, musical instruments are not cheap, nor is the up keep of them, like drums. Drums cost money for cymbals, replace sticks and heads.

As part of my degree, I study electronic music. This uses a program called Ableton Live.

I need some extra funding as I can't pay for the program. If I bought it straight up from the funding we already have, we would be short for bills and rent etc.

The university won't give me funding, because I'm not broke. They just won't give us anything.

So what I'm asking, is that is there any other funding or grants know to give students money for equipment, for programs such as Ableton Live which is needed for my course?

Any help or advice would be great!

Cheers all!
Original post by JH_RockstarXC
Hi, new here and I feel like I'll get some good advice here!

So I'm first year of my degree, Creative Music Technology.
I live with my fiancee in out private house. Both students, both got finance.
Both of our finances go on bills, rent, food and the car plus other bits like phones etc.
My fiancee buys books for her course, it's needed. But as a music students, I don't buy books, they are not needed! I need equipment!

As you people know, musical instruments are not cheap, nor is the up keep of them, like drums. Drums cost money for cymbals, replace sticks and heads.

As part of my degree, I study electronic music. This uses a program called Ableton Live.

I need some extra funding as I can't pay for the program. If I bought it straight up from the funding we already have, we would be short for bills and rent etc.

The university won't give me funding, because I'm not broke. They just won't give us anything.

So what I'm asking, is that is there any other funding or grants know to give students money for equipment, for programs such as Ableton Live which is needed for my course?

Any help or advice would be great!

Cheers all!

there's a grant search here https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Find-Benefits-Grants.
From personal experience, living as a couple saved money compared to student accommodation so i'd be looking at anywhere to reduce that, as students do you really need a car at the moment?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending