The Student Room Group

Addition Funding For Resit year

So for context. I studied Music for 1 year during COVID, the quality of teach and the course was poor, therefore I decided to switch course as I didn't feel that I was getting the education that I was paying for (Student Finance). I switched to an Accounting and Finance course to which I have completed 1 year and have currently finished 2nd year however there is a high probability I may have failed the year and will have to resit. I understand that SFE funding usually covers the duration of your course plus a year.

Me completing a year in Music would take away my additional year of funding, that being said I have suspected ADHD and should be getting diagnosed in a few days through a University program. This has heavily affected my studies and is the main factor in my poor performance as I know I am more capable than I have displayed.

My question is, would it be possible to seek additional funding from SFE with regard to my ADHD affecting my studies? If so how would I go about it?
Original post by Dan1509
So for context. I studied Music for 1 year during COVID, the quality of teach and the course was poor, therefore I decided to switch course as I didn't feel that I was getting the education that I was paying for (Student Finance). I switched to an Accounting and Finance course to which I have completed 1 year and have currently finished 2nd year however there is a high probability I may have failed the year and will have to resit. I understand that SFE funding usually covers the duration of your course plus a year.

Me completing a year in Music would take away my additional year of funding, that being said I have suspected ADHD and should be getting diagnosed in a few days through a University program. This has heavily affected my studies and is the main factor in my poor performance as I know I am more capable than I have displayed.

My question is, would it be possible to seek additional funding from SFE with regard to my ADHD affecting my studies? If so how would I go about it?

Hi Dan,

If you've already used your gift year then you can apply for an additional repeat (for your fees) if you have CPR: Compelling Personal Reasons evidence. I have enclosed some further information on what this means and how to apply:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending