The Student Room Group

Retake 3rd year after doing a foundation year at another uni

I’m went Westminster first for my foundation year and switched to brunel. I think I want to retake so I can focus on one bit of the year and the rest next year. I am a dsa student
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Thnvig
I’m went Westminster first for my foundation year and switched to brunel. I think I want to retake so I can focus on one bit of the year and the rest next year. I am a dsa student

Hi there,

Was your foundation year in Westminster full-time?

Will you be repeating the year as a full-time student?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Was your foundation year in Westminster full-time?

Will you be repeating the year as a full-time student?

Thanks, Graeme

Yes all my years at uni are full time degree
Original post by Thnvig
Yes all my years at uni are full time degree

Hi there, The standard way we calculate funding is as follows:
- Students are entitled to funding for their course duration.
- We then award students an additional year of funding, should they need to repeat or change their course.
- We then take any previous study into consideration and this then gives a student their entitlement available for their course.
If there were mitigating circumstances as to why you didn't complete your previous course then you can apply for what is called Compelling Personal Reasons.
More information on this can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

Thanks, Karen
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, The standard way we calculate funding is as follows:
- Students are entitled to funding for their course duration.
- We then award students an additional year of funding, should they need to repeat or change their course.
- We then take any previous study into consideration and this then gives a student their entitlement available for their course.
If there were mitigating circumstances as to why you didn't complete your previous course then you can apply for what is called Compelling Personal Reasons.
More information on this can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

Thanks, Karen

So would I get funding for retaking 3rd year?
Original post by Thnvig
So would I get funding for retaking 3rd year

Hi there,

Based on what you've said you'll be entitled to a Maintenance Loan for the repeat year. However, due to your previous study you won't be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan.

Like Karen said, if you have Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) either for repeating the year or not completing your previous course we can award an additional year of funding.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending