The Student Room Group

I am a first year Law Student at Cambridge (Q&A)

Please feel free to ask me anything you want to know about the course or the university itself- I know I'd have liked to do this during my A/AS Levels so please feel free to fire away!
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Bit of background about me; I am from a state school in Cheshire and studied English Literature, English Language and Business at A-Level and got A*AA. I study Law at Peterhouse and started last October.
Are you the real St Jude?
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
Are you the real St Jude?

Nah mate, its the Courteeners album 😂
Means 2008, the year the album 'St Jude' was released. I'm not very imaginative.
Original post by StJude08
Means 2008, the year the album 'St Jude' was released. I'm not very imaginative.

Hahaha, wow. You really aren't.

Question: have you taken a place on Peterhouse's UC team yet? If yes, will I recognise you?
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
Hahaha, wow. You really aren't.

Question: have you taken a place on Peterhouse's UC team yet? If yes, will I recognise you?

I tried out for it but unfortunately I'm just not smart enough to be honest.
Favourite has to be the academics that we get taught by, simply because we get so much knowledge and world expert level stuff from them. Least favourite has to be generic things like having to do washing, managing money etc, that was hard for me to start off with.
Did you do law for the money?
Reply 9
Did you only do 3 A levels. Im doing 4 at the moment, but want to drop one to AS to give me a better chance of getting high grades with the other 3, but ive been told that they prefer people with 4. is this true.
Original post by beedyeye
Did you only do 3 A levels. Im doing 4 at the moment, but want to drop one to AS to give me a better chance of getting high grades with the other 3, but ive been told that they prefer people with 4. is this true.

I did four AS levels but got an E in one of them so I dropped it. Three A-Levels (the highest grades) is all they look at as far as I understand, as this is what they did with me
Original post by Appleorpear
Did you do law for the money?

Obviously job prospects do play a part, but Law is an interesting subject and I chose it because I enjoy it. It's never good to pick a degree based on money alone, make sure you enjoy it because its 3/4 years of your life.
what would be your best advice to someone doing their gcses at the moment, who happens to really want to be where you are in a few years? (ive always wanted to study law at Cambridge; might be an obsession at this point haha)
Original post by lunaxtic
what would be your best advice to someone doing their gcses at the moment, who happens to really want to be where you are in a few years? (ive always wanted to study law at Cambridge; might be an obsession at this point haha)

Honestly it would be to just focus on the short term (your GCSEs) for now and make sure that you do them well before thinking too much too far ahead, and make sure that you enjoy yourself. Work/life balance is crucial to everything so don't stress yourself out too much and you'll be fine.
Reply 14
Original post by guilleiniguez
Hello I am a gcse student in finland and I got four A*s and two as in my gcses is that enough for cambridge? I'm thinking of doing geography or land economy or education

thank you xx

Cambridge doesn't expect non-UK students to have GCSEs so it doesn't matter. And GCSEs aren't hugely important anyway. Did you go to an international school in Finland?

Are you doing A-levels now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by guilleiniguez
Hello I am a gcse student in finland and I got four A*s and two as in my gcses is that enough for cambridge? I'm thinking of doing geography or land economy or education

thank you xx

From someone who holds an offer with the same amount of A*s at GCSE's: It's Enough
Original post by gdssdgdsfas
From someone who holds an offer with the same amount of A*s at GCSE's: It's Enough

DISCLAIMER: that was my friend who studies at Cambridge with me being a fool, sorry guys! 😂
How did you find the interview process? How did you prepare for it?
What did you get for your gcses ?
How did you prepare for the Cambridge Law Test? I’m currently in Year 11 so I have lots of time to prepare, but I just wanted to know what sort of reading material was useful for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending