maths
english
but im confused about these subjects :
bio chem
physics ,further maths
--
im more towards mechanics and programming,design
(edited 6 years ago)
Well, to become a Mechanic(al engineer) you're gonna need Physics and Maths at a minimum. ICT or CompSci wouldn't be bad as a third. I very seriously don't suggest taking more than 3.
Reply 2
can u tell me what is further maths about
Reply 3
AND what do i need i i want to become a video game designer , programmer
Original post by Venom753
can u tell me what is further maths about

Sure thing. Essentially it's an extension of Maths A Level where you learn about more in-depth, abstract mathematical concepts, which generally ends up getting to 1st year university level. For most schools you do Maths A Level in one year and FM in the second.

That said, it's extremely difficult, not least because you have to do regular Maths in one year. The only people that really need it are people going to study Maths at university, or at some very high-ranked universities like Oxbridge or Imperial.
Original post by Venom753
AND what do i need i i want to become a video game designer , programmer

For video game design there are courses designed for that, I don't know exactly how effective they are at getting you into the market but they exist. Far as I know generally they're not super concerned what you took if you can provide a portfolio etc.

Programming will generally require a Software Engineering or Computer Science degree where the focus is by and large on coding and programming for your entire degree. You'll need (regular) Maths A Level normally, but CompSci/ICT is looked at positively. A few places also need FM.

If you take Math A Level, try to do the Decision Mathematics modules (D1, D2) because they're most relevant to your aims.
Reply 6
Thank you !

Quick Reply

Latest