Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been invited to an interview at NTU for International Business with Spanish. I've been told that it is an informal interview, and one of the interview tips is to "dress appropriately". I'm just wondering what they mean by appropriate dressing and the seriousness of the actual interview?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by E.Gama)
    I've been invited to an interview at NTU for International Business with Spanish. I've been told that it is an informal interview, and one of the interview tips is to "dress appropriately". I'm just wondering what they mean by appropriate dressing and the seriousness of the actual interview?
    That's am unusual comment. Normally they dont care. Go relatively smart casual, but not sure it has to be suit and tie/ business dress level. Just relatively smart. That should be fine.

The interview should eb straightforward. Who are you, why that course, why NTU, what sort of student are you, what motivates you, something on your ps and maybe something about the course subject.

If unsure just ring and ask or check smart casual is enough.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi E.Gama

As 999tigger has said, smart casual will be fine. The interview is simply about getting to know you as well as to go through your Personal statement so it's really not something to be worried about.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Chris

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. It is not that serious. I had mine but I havent firmed the offer yet. Im undecisive on which accomodation to go for
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by jamesM22)
    Don't worry. It is not that serious. I had mine but I havent firmed the offer yet. Im undecisive on which accomodation to go for
    Hi James,

Congrats on your offer!

If you need any help on deciding which accommodation to go for, don't hesitate to give me a shout

Chris

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 22, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.