The Student Room Group

Can I still get all A’s and A*’s if I start revising now?

Hello everyone.
Since half term is almost over and GCSEs are 3 months away from now, do you think there is still time to revise every subject thoroughly? So a little background information, the subjects that I currently take are, the core subjects English Lang, English lit, maths and science (double award, but I still study all three sciences within the course). For my options I chose History, Geography, Religious Studies and Drama. For the last mocks that I did a couple of months ago, I hardly revised for any of them and got grades that I wasn’t particularly happy with. For each subject, I got the following.
Eng Lang - 6
Eng lit- 5
Maths- 5
Science- 5
History- 8
Geography-4
Drama-3 (missed out a whole section of the exam and didn’t submit most of my coursework)
RS-3 (only 2 people in the year passed, the teacher isn’t a very good marker and also the grade boundaries that my school uses are ridiculously high even though we’re the first year to sit the new exams).
Do you think with a lot of revision over the next few months, I can get all 7s, 8s and 9s? Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes
Reply 2
Yep
Yes
Yes
Reply 5
Definitely
Reply 6
Depends if u really work hard and do revision every day then there's no reason why u can't. Are u doing maths GCSE and how u finding it?
Original post by glitterunicorn78
Hello everyone.
Since half term is almost over and GCSEs are 3 months away from now, do you think there is still time to revise every subject thoroughly? So a little background information, the subjects that I currently take are, the core subjects English Lang, English lit, maths and science (double award, but I still study all three sciences within the course). For my options I chose History, Geography, Religious Studies and Drama. For the last mocks that I did a couple of months ago, I hardly revised for any of them and got grades that I wasn’t particularly happy with. For each subject, I got the following.
Eng Lang - 6
Eng lit- 5
Maths- 5
Science- 5
History- 8
Geography-4
Drama-3 (missed out a whole section of the exam and didn’t submit most of my coursework)
RS-3 (only 2 people in the year passed, the teacher isn’t a very good marker and also the grade boundaries that my school uses are ridiculously high even though we’re the first year to sit the new exams).
Do you think with a lot of revision over the next few months, I can get all 7s, 8s and 9s? Thanks.

I think the purpose of this thread is mainly for reassurance (correct me if I'm wrong). We are not psychics, so this thread is slightly pointless.

To be honest I don't know whether or not you can get 7s 8s and 9s.

That depends on whether you're able to put the work in. Now ask yourself : how much do you want those grades?
(edited 6 years ago)
It is possible but stop going on TSR and asking that, when you could be actually doing it
Original post by Kushala Daora
I think the purpose of this thread is mainly for reassurance (correct me if I'm wrong). We are not psychics, so this thread is slightly pointless.

That depends on whether you're able to put the work in. Now ask yourself : how much do you want those grades?

This post is more so for the fact that i just wanted to know whether or not there is still enough time to get high grades because there is generally a cut off point in the year at the time that exams are approaching because it’s impossible to pack a lot of content into your mind when exams are in nearer sight.
Original post by Saras98
Depends if u really work hard and do revision every day then there's no reason why u can't. Are u doing maths GCSE and how u finding it?

Yes I do maths gcse and it’s honestly quite difficult.
This post is more so for the fact that i just wanted to know whether or not there is still enough time to get high grades because there is generally a cut off point in the year at the time that exams are approaching because it’s impossible to pack a lot of content into your mind when exams are in nearer sight.

In other words, you wanted reassurance.

Now go and revise for those 7s, 8s, and 9s.
Hello everyone.
Eng Lang - 6
Eng lit- 5
Maths- 5
Science- 5
History- 8
Geography-4

Of course you can get the grades you want, you've just got to put the effort in now. Cone check out my GCSE help thread if you're ever looking for some guidance
Yes I do maths gcse and it’s honestly quite difficult.

I got an 8 in maths last year and I thought I'd get a 6.

I did this by repetitively doing practice questions.

Go to mathsgenie and physicsandmathstutor. These websites are full of questions, keep at it until you can do them in your sleep. Good luck.
Yes you can do well, as long as you start regular and consistent revision now. Also, make sure you start with the topics that you are struggling with, or don't know that well.
You definitely can. Make sure you put in loads of work and rest well!

My brother got all B's and C's last year in his mocks and after february half term he didn't stop revising. He revised 3-6 hours on school nighs and 6-14 hours on weekends every single day. By the time exam came around he wasn't even stressed, because he was so confident he knew everything. He came out with 6 A*'s and 3 9's. With GCSE it's very possible to do well if you start now. Not so much with A level, so don't make the same mistake then and start from day 1! Good-Luck man!
Hello everyone.
Eng Lang - 6
Eng lit- 5
Maths- 5
Science- 5
History- 8
Geography-4

Girl, I got 91% in my RS mock a grade 8!!!! But sadly a 3 in English :frown:
Original post by HettiBetti
Girl, I got 91% in my RS mock a grade 8!!!! But sadly a 3 in English :frown:

If 91% is a grade 8, just thankful i didn't take RS. That would be a grade 9 in all my subjects but Geography, where it's 93% lol
Original post by Somtochi
If 91% is a grade 8, just thankful i didn't take RS. That would be a grade 9 in all my subjects but Geography, where it's 93% lol

Well, I am taking my real exams in 2018 May-July. Good luck with yours:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest