The Student Room Group

primary teacher training institutes Please suggest

Which is the best online course for pursuing primary teacher training institutes?
Original post by Rashmi_sen
Which is the best online course for pursuing primary teacher training institutes?

There are no online courses that will give you QTS status to allow you to teach in the UK as far as I know.

https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/explore-my-options/teacher-training-routes
Original post by Rashmi_sen

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but to get QTS in the UK, you have to do a lot of placement time (190 days I believe) in at least 2 schools. As this obviously can't be done online, universities don't tend to offer the rest of the course online.

The main routes into teaching are:

PGCE/PGDE- the traditional university led route, which involves M.Ed level work as well as 2 placements in school. Student finance is available on this route. Done full time, this lasts a year.

SCITT- School centered initial teacher training, which is mostly based on practice in a school, with some university led training (might be 4 days a week in school, one in the uni). Schools Direct is the most popular version of this, I believe, and it can be salaried or funded by student finance. I believe done full time, this route also lasts a year.

Teach First- This is also school based, and pays a salary, following an initial six weeks training course. The entry requirements are higher, and you would be teaching your own classes straight away. I believe this route usually lasts two years and it can be quite competitive to get a place.

I hope this helps.
Reshmi you can check out the Asian College of Teachers Primary Teacher training courses, enquire through them, or visit their official link to check how far it will suit your existing pattern of teaching. Having said that, course curriculum is the best option.
They are best if you are planning to make into the international schools, or even for the public schools, considering them to guide you through the placement assistance option.
A friend of mine joined their International Diploma for Teaching program after the PPTT course, which adds value and aided him to fetch a job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending