Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I live in Leeds and recently got an offer for physics BSc for all 3 of the universities I was interested in.
    So far I have only visited York which gave me an amazing feeling and I am visiting Leeds in a couple of days.
    I would really appreciate some insight from the students there.

ReputationRep:
    well, if u live in leeds, i would advise u to not to go uni of leeds and go for york instead
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I failed to mention that I am a mature student so I don't really care about going away from home and living the "student life".

My criteria are strictly academic, I want to go for the best university possible.

(Original post by Complex-machines)
    well, if u live in leeds, i would advise u to not to go uni of leeds and go for york instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christina G)
    Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I failed to mention that I am a mature student so I don't really care about going away from home and living the "student life".

My criteria are strictly academic, I want to go for the best university possible.
    I live with people that do physics (I do chemistry) at Leeds
    Apparently, the labs are easy, but the lectures and the content are hard to learn - one of the exams, only 10% of the class passed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iElvendork)
    I live with people that do physics (I do chemistry) at Leeds
    Apparently, the labs are easy, but the lectures and the content are hard to learn - one of the exams, only 10% of the class passed
    Thank you for your reply!

I guess that's something that you have to deal with if you are going in to physics :P

I have also had an offer from Newcastle and Liverpool so it just got a bit harder for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christina G)
    Thank you for your reply!

I guess that's something that you have to deal with if you are going in to physics :P

I have also had an offer from Newcastle and Liverpool so it just got a bit harder for me!
    I mean, yes the content is difficult, but they aren't given much help and it seems that the lecturers are a bit useless
    I do chemistry, and the help we get is ridiculous in comparison - we've had deadlines change because we had 3 on at once

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iElvendork)
    I mean, yes the content is difficult, but they aren't given much help and it seems that the lecturers are a bit useless
    I do chemistry, and the help we get is ridiculous in comparison - we've had deadlines change because we had 3 on at once
    Aw I see! That is really valuable to know! I am leaning towards York as I see that research wise they are getting stronger every year!

University open days

1. University of Leeds
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.