The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Physics - Leeds, Sheffield or York?

Hi,
I live in Leeds and recently got an offer for physics BSc for all 3 of the universities I was interested in.
So far I have only visited York which gave me an amazing feeling and I am visiting Leeds in a couple of days.
I would really appreciate some insight from the students there.
well, if u live in leeds, i would advise u to not to go uni of leeds and go for york instead
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I failed to mention that I am a mature student so I don't really care about going away from home and living the "student life".

My criteria are strictly academic, I want to go for the best university possible.

Original post by Complex-machines
well, if u live in leeds, i would advise u to not to go uni of leeds and go for york instead
Original post by Christina G
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I failed to mention that I am a mature student so I don't really care about going away from home and living the "student life".

My criteria are strictly academic, I want to go for the best university possible.

I live with people that do physics (I do chemistry) at Leeds
Apparently, the labs are easy, but the lectures and the content are hard to learn - one of the exams, only 10% of the class passed
Reply 4
Original post by iElvendork
I live with people that do physics (I do chemistry) at Leeds
Apparently, the labs are easy, but the lectures and the content are hard to learn - one of the exams, only 10% of the class passed

Thank you for your reply!

I guess that's something that you have to deal with if you are going in to physics :P

I have also had an offer from Newcastle and Liverpool so it just got a bit harder for me!
Original post by Christina G
Thank you for your reply!

I guess that's something that you have to deal with if you are going in to physics :P

I have also had an offer from Newcastle and Liverpool so it just got a bit harder for me!

I mean, yes the content is difficult, but they aren't given much help and it seems that the lecturers are a bit useless
I do chemistry, and the help we get is ridiculous in comparison - we've had deadlines change because we had 3 on at once
Reply 6
Original post by iElvendork
I mean, yes the content is difficult, but they aren't given much help and it seems that the lecturers are a bit useless
I do chemistry, and the help we get is ridiculous in comparison - we've had deadlines change because we had 3 on at once

Aw I see! That is really valuable to know! I am leaning towards York as I see that research wise they are getting stronger every year!

Quick Reply

Latest