The Student Room Group

Messed up EPQ can I still do well?

Essentially what it says in the title. I'm typically a very diligent student and I planned my project meticulously (my supervisor has suggested this element will get full marks). However due to a variety of factors I missed the deadline for the first draft and now have no feedback to use for the real essay. I'd say I'm very good at writing school essays but EPQ is so long and the grade boundaries are so high and I'm freaking out a bit now. Do you think I can still produce an A* essay (I've got time) without having first draft feedback and if so, how can I ensure this? Thanks!
Original post by purplesockmonkey
Essentially what it says in the title. I'm typically a very diligent student and I planned my project meticulously (my supervisor has suggested this element will get full marks). However due to a variety of factors I missed the deadline for the first draft and now have no feedback to use for the real essay. I'd say I'm very good at writing school essays but EPQ is so long and the grade boundaries are so high and I'm freaking out a bit now. Do you think I can still produce an A* essay (I've got time) without having first draft feedback and if so, how can I ensure this? Thanks!

You dont say how long you have left.

In theory yes, but as you missed the chance for someone to look at it, then you either back yourself or if not confident then drop it.

Just plan it well and make sure whatever the title is involves a clear idea and structure, analysis and evaluation. It should involve insight and answer the questions you feel the reader will have.

Treat it as a set of mini essays i.e x 500 word ones, then write in sections. the words will soon add up.

You can also read the spec and mark schemes to get an idea of what they look for.
Great advice, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest