The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Mathematics: Decision Maths D2 6690 01 - 22 June 2018 [Exam Discussion]

This poll is closed

How did you find the 2018 Edexcel D2 exam?

Amazing! :woo: 0%
Good :H 44%
Okay :bebored: 33%
Bad :cry2: 11%
HORRIBLE PAPER!! :@11%
Total votes: 9

Edexcel A Level Maths Discussion Thread - 2018 Edition

Hey guys, I thought I'd make this niiiiiice and early so we can all share how we're preparing for our Maths exams this year?

Decision 2
Date: Friday 22nd June 2018
Time: Morning
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Days to go?: It’s done!! :woohoo:

Probably the most important way to prepare for maths is to do plenty of past papers! You can find all Edexcel Maths past papers [url="http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/past-papers.html?Qualification-Family=A-Level&Qualification-Subject=Mathematics%20(2008)&Status=Pearson-UK:Status%2FLive&Specification-Code=Pearson-UK[excludedFace]s-smilie[/excludedFace]pecification-Code%2F9371"]here.

Also, Physics & Maths Tutor has some good resources for revision - everything from revision notes to questions on specific topics. Materials for D2 can be found here.

Good luck with the preparations everyone, let the countdown commence!

Other Edexcel Exam Threads:
Edexcel AS Core Maths C1
Edexcel AS Core Maths C2
Edexcel A2 Core Maths C3
Edexcel A2 Core Maths C4
Edexcel AS Mechanics M1
Edexcel A2 Mechanics M2
Edexcel AS Statistics S1
Edexcel A2 Statistics S2
Edexcel AS Decision Maths D1
Edexcel AS Further Pure FP1
Edexcel A2 Further Pure FP2
Edexcel A2 Further Pure FP3
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hope for an easy dynamic programming question. I have too many bad memories of that stuff :/
Original post by NotNotBatman
Hope for an easy dynamic programming question. I have too many bad memories of that stuff :/

DP is awful. Last year’s question was lovely though so hoping the same remains for those sitting it this year :smile:
havn't even started D1 :c
Reply 4
hows everyone getting on?

i only have d2 left so doing that exclusively for the next 2 weeks
Why the f they put D2 along with C4 exam. I don't find maths to be difficult but its so exhausting to have a clash of 2 non-easy maths modules. I hope my brain won't switch off...
Reply 6
Anyone know if on allocation linear programming you have to state that x11 refers to column 1 row 1 or if it's implied?
Original post by fortminor
Why the f they put D2 along with C4 exam. I don't find maths to be difficult but its so exhausting to have a clash of 2 non-easy maths modules. I hope my brain won't switch off...

My thoughts exactly :biggrin: ... which one are you doing first? I'm Going to need all my concentration for D2 and I hope enough of it will be left for C4.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by bluenotewitt
My thoughts exactly :biggrin: ... which one are you doing first? I'm Going to need all my concentration for D2 and I hope enough of it will be left for C4.

I will do C4 first, I need to get 94 for it to get my A* in maths. Hopefully, I will have some concentration for d2 left too to get above 90 :biggrin:
I will do C4 first, I need to get 94 for it to get my A* in maths. Hopefully, I will have some concentration for d2 left too to get above 90 :biggrin:

same... I need A* in maths and further maths. I kind of feel like D2 is practically begging one to make stupid mistakes, so, yeah, I'll have fun tomorrow...
same... I need A* in maths and further maths. I kind of feel like D2 is practically begging one to make stupid mistakes, so, yeah, I'll have fun tomorrow...

Yea I have the same problem. If im not fully concentrated, I might make a dumb mistake. Are you doing it amongst the other members of your class?
Yea I have the same problem. If im not fully concentrated, I might make a dumb mistake. Are you doing it amongst the other members of your class?

No, I'm the only one taking D2. Why? :smile:
No, I'm the only one taking D2. Why? :smile:

Ahh same for me. Everybody else in my class does fp3 ;D. Do you by any chance have an answer book for june 2017 paper ?
Ahh same for me. Everybody else in my class does fp3 ;D. Do you by any chance have an answer book for june 2017 paper ?

Doing both D2 and FP3... free in 5 days :biggrin:!
As for the answer booklet, is it not on PMT?
Sorry, maybe someone else has got it?!
Doing both D2 and FP3... free in 5 days :biggrin:!
As for the answer booklet, is it not on PMT?
Sorry, maybe someone else has got it?!

Damn bruv you must be really smart :biggrin: . The pmt only gives the qp and ms. I was searching in the internet and only found ab for june 2016 exam. If you want, you can add me on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100016221615369&ref=bookmarks
Damn bruv you must be really smart :biggrin: . The pmt only gives the qp and ms. I was searching in the internet and only found ab for june 2016 exam. If you want, you can add me on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100016221615369&ref=bookmarks

Thanks mate :biggrin: ... keen to get D2 answer book to, so if you find it, hook me up!
I don't have facebook, but thanks :smile:
Best of luck to you! Just don't score higher than me :biggrin: !
(edited 5 years ago)
Thanks mate :biggrin: ... keen to get D2 answer book to, so if you find it, hook me up!
I don't have facebook, but thanks :smile:
Best of luck to you! Just don't score higher than me!

hahaha thanks mate ! I mean I can't get more than 100 :biggrin: . I will post the answer book here if I manage to find it. Best of luck to you too! :smile:
Original post by cgoddard95
if you go on the QP on PMT and scroll down the Answer book is underneath

Oh that's true! Thanks a lot! :smile:
Original post by cgoddard95
if you go on the QP on PMT and scroll down the Answer book is underneath

:biggrin: thanks
Is it okay to just state the order of arc inclusion when finding an MST or an RMST in travelling salesman, or do you need to draw the tree as well? The mark scheme notes don't say anywhere that you have to draw it, but they always seem to put a diagram in anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending