The Student Room Group

Theresa May couldn't answer a question about how she likes to relax with friends.

During an interview with ITV, Theresa May was asked how she would spend a night in with the girls on IWD. May was seemingly flustered by the off the cuff question and failed to answer the question.

You can read the full story here and watch the video here.

What do you make of this? Was this an appropriate question? Should she have answered the question? Does it matter?

Scroll to see replies

I don't like the woman but reading the response that is written in the article posted seemed fine to me.
Reply 3
I wonder what it was that stymied her. Perhaps a poor understanding of the term "relax", or maybe "friends". Either that or the concept of answering a question without a soundbite simply isn't part of Maybot's programming.
I don't really see the issue - it's not something we're entitled to know the answer to, and her last answer to a question like that was ridiculed a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Like talking to a brick wall, one might say.
It's literally none of our business. I don't like the woman but for the love of god let her have her own private life. We're all entitled to one and divisive Prime Minister or not, so is she. I'm sure none of us would like to be put on the spot by a colleague at work with a personal question. I certainly wouldn't.

I am beginning to become so bored of stories like this, total waste of time.
(edited 6 years ago)
As if that ****ing robot possesses the ability to make friends.
why does it matter?
She can't win, even if she answered, would be ridiculed.
Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.

I couldn't care less about her social life (or lack thereof, maybe) - I'd rather focus on her job and approach to Brexit etc.

I might be one of the rare few on here who sympathises with her - she seems out of her depth, and I honestly think she's struggling with the burden that comes with being PM.
Classic "when did you stop beating your wife?" question
This isn't news.
She likes to sneak into Jeremy Corbyn’s house and steal his underwear
Reply 14
Maybe she likes dogging? That's a posh person thing right? :u:

She has a job as prime minister. What she does in her spare time? I don't need to know.
She likes to go fox hunting with her multimillionaire corporate friends.
Wouldn't it be running through a wheat feild?! 😂
She's probably still running through fields of wheat.
Original post by NotQuiteMikeRoss
Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.

I couldn't care less about her social life (or lack thereof, maybe) - I'd rather focus on her job and approach to Brexit etc.

I might be one of the rare few on here who sympathises with her - she seems out of her depth, and I honestly think she's struggling with the burden that comes with being PM.

If you wanted to sympathise with her focusing on her record as PM might not be a great idea...

This is a semi inappropriate question, it's a bit of a trap bit she leaps straight into said feet first and makes a total hash of it. For anyone, politician or otherwise, it should be very easy to answer the question 'what do you do with your friends / to relax' with non answer that offends nobody and closes of the point. Her failure to answer such a seemingly simple question makes her seem even more odd, robotic and unrelatable, something she already had major problems with.

Anyway, we all know what she actually did on IWD... she had dinner with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia so she could sell a **** tonne more bombs to drop on the women and children of Yemen.
And? Are we supposed to be shocked that Theresa may doesn’t have a weekly girls night? She’s prime minister, there isn’t a lot of time for relaxing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending