The Student Room Group

Do girls wait around

Ive missed loads of chances to talk to my crush. Will she wait around for me to make a move or have i lost? If i talk to her will she entertain conversation?
It's difficult to say and you can't change what has happened. You just need to make sure you do speak to her moving forward and see how she reacts, the more effort you put in the more she will notice you.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
It's difficult to say and you can't change what has happened. You just need to make sure you do speak to her moving forward and see how she reacts, the more effort you put in the more she will notice you.

But why do girls feel like guys should approach them asap? Its never as easy as people make it out to be.

So much goes thriugh your head every time you see her....has she seen me enough times, why does she look away etc, is now a good time?

Isnt it more natural to wait until you become familiar faces?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
But why do girls feel like guys should approach them asap? Its never as easy as people make it out to be.

So much goes thriugh your head every time you see her....has she seen me enough times, why does she look away etc, is now a good time?

In this case you need to make the first move as she may not realise you have a crush on her.

Speaking from personal experience, no, you don't have to be a familiar face to speak with her.
Ive missed loads of chances to talk to my crush. Will she wait around for me to make a move or have i lost? If i talk to her will she entertain conversation?

Different strokes for different folks.

Some people like to meet and hook up at a club or bar then go to one of their houses for the night. Others like to use dating apps, others (such as myself) are best-friend-turned-lover sorts where I tend to date based on a long term relationship.

However there's no silver bullet / one size fits all answer to your question. It depends on who you are associating with.
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
In this case you need to make the first move as she may not realise you have a crush on her.

Speaking from personal experience, no, you don't have to be a familiar face to speak with her.

Oh she knows....her and friends behave wierdly around me.

Yeah it's difficult and it shouldn't be all on the guy, but also depends how she is as well? If you are confident and she is more shy etc., it's going to be easier for you to approach first until she gets more comfortable with you.

Like you say, if the feeling is mutual you may both get a bit nervy around each other. Also when I like someone, I try to not look at them or give too much away... which isn't helpful. So you have to see how she is when you actually speak to her and if you get a vibe.

And yes absolutely, you can do that but also you never know if/when someone else may come along, so I guess make yourself known and that you are interested.
Reply 7
Oh she knows....her and friends behave wierdly around me.

So why did you ask about being a familiar face?
Reply 8
Original post by Surnia
So why did you ask about being a familiar face?

Im not seeing her enough. I see her on random days.
Im not seeing her enough. I see her on random days.

Just ask to see her then? Worst case is she says no.
Reply 10
If you were a welcome face in a group they would not be acting 'weirdly' when you are around. Understand their behaviour and go away. The best you can do is to get on with your life and stop focussing on this one girl. Practice being relaxed in the presence of all people, get as many interests and outside interactions as you can. Then you will have something to talk about. When you do meet someone and the spark is there you talk to them and the feeling will be mutual, you will know straight away.

In this case don't load your expectations that 'you are the one' for her. If she was interested in you then the group she hangs around with would have encouraged her to see you by now. They have not, so don't force yourself onto the connection further.
Original post by Muttly
If you were a welcome face in a group they would not be acting 'weirdly' when you are around. Understand their behaviour and go away. The best you can do is to get on with your life and stop focussing on this one girl. Practice being relaxed in the presence of all people, get as many interests and outside interactions as you can. Then you will have something to talk about. When you do meet someone and the spark is there you talk to them and the feeling will be mutual, you will know straight away.

In this case don't load your expectations that 'you are the one' for her. If she was interested in you then the group she hangs around with would have encouraged her to see you by now. They have not, so don't force yourself onto the connection further.

Strongly agree with this. Maybe speak to her once, ask her how she is, small talk, and (if she seems welcoming) if she wants to hang out at some point. If she says yes, chances are the feeling is mutual (however, check the vibe - she may have agreed out of awkwardness). If she says no, leave her be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending