Turn on thread page Beta

Is it possible to move to London and live alone after graduating? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm at uni currently but am almost certain I will move to London after graduating. My question is, is it possible to live comfortably (i.e. not in a cramped, dingy apartment or just scraping by) without living in a house share? I will have a maths degree and will hopefully secure a job paying between maybe 23-27k per annum as a rough estimate. If anyone who is or has been in a similar situation could lend some advice that would be great.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Trackstar)
    I'm at uni currently but am almost certain I will move to London after graduating. My question is, is it possible to live comfortably (i.e. not in a cramped, dingy apartment or just scraping by) without living in a house share? I will have a maths degree and will hopefully secure a job paying between maybe 23-27k per annum as a rough estimate. If anyone who is or has been in a similar situation could lend some advice that would be great.
    Dont believe that's enough to have your own place. You want to look at sample rentals. I think you are looking at a houseshare. You might want to think about commuting, but even then a studio might be a bit of a push.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.