The Student Room Group

CI student finance availability

I am currently a third year student at the University of York, studying a BA.

Although I have been living in York during term time, I am a resident of Jersey in the Channel Islands and have been since birth. My tuition fees in York are currently being paid for by Student Finance Jersey.

I am currently looking into the possibility of doing a Master's degree in London after this.

Jersey Student Finance offers a bursary of up to £10,000 for this, although it is very competitive and therefore not guaranteed.

As this money is not guaranteed, I'm looking for other financing options, so I would like to know if I would be eligible for a student loan from Student Finance UK (for both cases: if I didn't get the Jersey bursary or if I did)?
Original post by amberwagg
I am currently a third year student at the University of York, studying a BA.

Although I have been living in York during term time, I am a resident of Jersey in the Channel Islands and have been since birth. My tuition fees in York are currently being paid for by Student Finance Jersey.

I am currently looking into the possibility of doing a Master's degree in London after this.

Jersey Student Finance offers a bursary of up to £10,000 for this, although it is very competitive and therefore not guaranteed.

As this money is not guaranteed, I'm looking for other financing options, so I would like to know if I would be eligible for a student loan from Student Finance UK (for both cases: if I didn't get the Jersey bursary or if I did)?

Hi Amber,

Will you still be living in Jersey (and not moving permanently to London) when you complete your Masters? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Amber,

Will you still be living in Jersey (and not moving permanently to London) when you complete your Masters? Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason, I'll be predominantly living in London for the course and intend to move there permanently to work once I've graduated. Thanks, Amber
Hi Jason, I'll be predominantly living in London for the course and intend to move there permanently to work once I've graduated. Thanks, Amber

Hi Amber,

Thanks and when will you be moving here? Will this be before your course starts? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Amber,

Thanks and when will you be moving here? Will this be before your course starts? Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason,
Assuming I get on to the course and get the funding, I'll have my university accommodation sorted and presumably be living there by the time the course starts. I'll only return to Jersey to visit my parents during the holidays. Thanks, Amber
Hi Jason,
Assuming I get on to the course and get the funding, I'll have my university accommodation sorted and presumably be living there by the time the course starts. I'll only return to Jersey to visit my parents during the holidays. Thanks, Amber

Thanks. If you're living there on (or prior to the 1st of September 2024) if it's a September 24 course then you should be eligible for the funding from us as you're planning to be permanently moving here. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending