1 hour drive or living at uni? Watch

CastilloIberico
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Next year I'll be going into my third year at Hull uni, I lived in halls in first year and now I'm privately renting. However, I'm spending a lot on accomodation and I wondered whether it would be cost-effective to live at home for my final year and drive there and back Monday to Friday. The commute is 1 hour from doncaster. If you were in this position, what would you do?
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Depend on the time I'd have to be there at, would it affect social life, be a hassle etc.
Could you not do some shared accomodation with friends to keep the cost down?
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Cost you can work out yourself. How much is petrol, parking and potential wear and tear going to cost? Is that lower than your rent? Also consider any lost student loan based on living at home vs living at uni.

From a more practical perspective though, do you really want to commute 2 hours every day? Especially if you only have a 1 hour class? You'll also miss out on a lot of uni related things like clubs and events, although if you've already lived in halls and private then your probably familiar with what the uni offers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.54%
No (392)
72.46%

Watched Threads