The Student Room Group

Tommy Robinson invited to palace of Westminster

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Underground906
Tommy is a legend and a hero. Unfortunately the grave mistake of starting out as the EDL, which he later realized was not the solution and left, means he will never get rid of that far-right stigma, or be listened to by the other side. And he may have been careless at times talking about all Muslims, when really he means the ideology of Islam and not Muslims themselves, and gave people who have the knives out the kind of ammo they need to simply repeat the word 'hate' every time he says anything.

The truth is on Tommy's side, but saying that, the response to the problematic aspects of Islam has often bordered on moronic and ridiculous, rather than sensible, fair, genuine and honest. Such as Britain first walking around Muslim areas with crosses and union-jacks and stuff of that ilk. I can see where the left come from when they see most of the rhetoric from people with concerns about what Islam has done to this country and they violence that has been done in its name in just this country alone.

You can't treat all Muslims like **** and ridicule them and expect to get a fair dialogue. However, even the most respectful, sincere approaches don't work either.

The lunatic leftist ideology that has become dominant in society simply will not permit any depiction of Islam other than being a religion of peace. And many Muslims believe their religion is the perfect word of God and shouldn't be allowed to ever be criticised, with many claiming it is a religion of peace also. (Mods, I urge not to remove this post just because I pointed that fact out).

We just have to learn to live with the fact Leftist long-game of the 'long march through the institutions' has been the most success political coup ever and they have succeeded in destroying traditional British cultural values like freedom of expression, rationalism, logic, empiricism, real liberal tolerance and intellectual freedom and replacing it with repressive, neo-marxist, totalitarian ideologies like political correctness and all the rest, and try to deal with the cultural destruction that comes with it.

No one is going to change that situation.

What a perfect speech. Glad to see people who think alike as me. Especially if you're young. Too many youngsters being caught on the path of 'blame tories for everything' when it was their Labour lover who forced us into debt by increasing our public services to a length which we couldn't afford then selling off our assets like Gold at ridiculously low prices. But, blame Tories for trying to cut back out deficit.

The left is a laughing stock. - not saying everyone who is against the Tories is a lefty, thats a seperate statement. Promoting wearing the Hijab whilst the women who are forced to and dont are jailed in Iran, but, you know so much self empowerment from a bloody head scarf.
Original post by DeBruyne18
I haven't mentioned left wing ideology once. I am indeed very critical of parts of it and its supporters as I of those on the right. I just think people such as yourself are very similar to those on the left you go on about all the time in so many ways.

You know nothing about me mate. You simply see I hold a special dislike and concern with today's left, and that is for many, many reasons I would go into but it would just be over your head. I've only even been Left-Wing before going beyond any form of ideology or allegiance to one group of thought or another. I believe there is a things called objective, factual reality and things that are actual true and have a basis in reality and things that are simple invented in the minds of people, mental constructs and ideas about the way life it that don't have a basis, in concrete, factual reality. In 2018, with all the advancements in science and knowledge about the planet we live, I think we should all live in reality.

But no, like throughout history, most people choose to believe absolute ******** that has no basis in reality. Like religions or ideologies like Nazi, Fascism and Marxism. Nazism and Fascism are dead, thankfully. Unfortunately Marxist expanded and rebranded itself and is, along with Globalism, the secular state religion in the West. It just eschews any suggestion it is Marxism or some form of it, and most leftists don't even know where their ideology comes from and it;s history, just blind followers of 1984 propaganda.

I'm tired of this subject, anyway. If you enjoy this 1984 society we have become, cool. I don't.
You know nothing about me mate. You simply see I hold a special dislike and concern with today's left, and that is for many, many reasons I would go into but it would just be over your head. I've only even been Left-Wing before going beyond any form of ideology or allegiance to one group of thought or another. I believe there is a things called objective, factual reality and things that are actual true and have a basis in reality and things that are simple invented in the minds of people, mental constructs and ideas about the way life it that don't have a basis, in concrete, factual reality. In 2018, with all the advancements in science and knowledge about the planet we live, I think we should all live in reality.

But no, like throughout history, most people choose to believe absolute ******** that has no basis in reality. Like religions or ideologies like Nazi, Fascism and Marxism. Nazism and Fascism are dead, thankfully. Unfortunately Marxist expanded and rebranded itself and is, along with Globalism, the secular state religion in the West. It just eschews any suggestion it is Marxism or some form of it, and most leftists don't even know where their ideology comes from and it;s history, just blind followers of 1984 propaganda.

I'm tired of this subject, anyway. If you enjoy this 1984 society we have become, cool. I don't.

The paranoia is quite something.
Original post by jdddd
What a perfect speech. Glad to see people who think alike as me. Especially if you're young. Too many youngsters being caught on the path of 'blame tories for everything' when it was their Labour lover who forced us into debt by increasing our public services to a length which we couldn't afford then selling off our assets like Gold at ridiculously low prices. But, blame Tories for trying to cut back out deficit.

The left is a laughing stock. - not saying everyone who is against the Tories is a lefty, thats a seperate statement. Promoting wearing the Hijab whilst the women who are forced to and dont are jailed in Iran, but, you know so much self empowerment from a bloody head scarf.

Thanks mate. I mean I grew up in a labour environment and picked up those anti-tory sentiments by osmosis myself. I was delighted when New Labour got in. They played the propaganda game beautifully, using the cool Britannia thing and getting Noel into Downing Street was a master stroke. To me labour were cool and the good guys and the tories evil. And I think most youngsters have that belief.

I lived through what they done thought and seen the reality of their belief in mass migration and utter contempt for the right. Even having an open door policy just to spite the Right/. Britain had a perfect balance of immigration and great mix as far as I was concerned in the 90's. None of the problems we had now after Jack Straw flooded the country and which continues to happen.

Today's Leftism is a different form of Leftism, based on the philosophies of Marxist radicals and their penchant for creating their own terminology and dogmas and engaging in propaganda and mental warfare.

Leftist political radicals seized control of uni's decades ago, and there were books in the 70's I believe, such the Closing of the American Mind, talking about the things we see so frequently on campuses today. I remember it since childhood myself, all the attempts at indoctrination and the little projects that felt forced and unnatural and obviously trying to get you to think in a certain way.

But I rejected it, like most people. It was really only happening now and then at school, and the wider culture was different, music was still great, not many people gave a **** about politics. There was not wall to tv news media propaganda, the other media, political TV shows with the 4 leftists to the one dissenting voice set-up and a bias, hostile jeering crowd, no politically correct comedians like Russell Brand, Russell Howard, the Mash report all acting as organs of state propaganda pumping the same noxious, smarmy, disingenuous abuse, smears, ridicule, no Hollywood lovies and their stupid right on speeches, no social media campaigns and witch hunts, losing your job and trial by public for saying something non politically correct. None of that, that I noticed.

It's just full on from everywhere, every angle now. I quite amazed with this place. I thought all the younger ones would be complete brainwashed, but in the few years since I was last here there is far more opposition and debate allowed to happen from people tired with and seeing through it.

But it's embedded in so strong in education these days, unless there is a big campaign to stop the blatant leftist propaganda into left-wing ideology, and remove it from the education system and just give people the facts and let them make of it what they will and encourage plurity and independence of thought, I think things are going to carry on as they are now of just get worse.

What do you think of Jordan Peterson?
The paranoia is quite something.

It's over your head little man. I told you it would be. You'd have to actually study the history of the 20th and 21th century intently and understand the political forces that have shaped the world and got us where we are today. You haven't got the intellectual curious or capacity to study for yourself or do that. Keep your head firmly up your arse. Lightweight.
It's over your head little man. I told you it would be. You'd have to actually study the history of the 20th and 21th century intently and understand the political forces that have shaped the world and got us where we are today. You haven't got the intellectual curious or capacity to study for yourself or do that. Keep your head firmly up your arse. Lightweight.

Haha aren't you cute :smile:

Again, you are so similar to the radical left with your total paranoia.
Thanks mate. I mean I grew up in a labour environment and picked up those anti-tory sentiments by osmosis myself. I was delighted when New Labour got in. They played the propaganda game beautifully, using the cool Britannia thing and getting Noel into Downing Street was a master stroke. To me labour were cool and the good guys and the tories evil. And I think most youngsters have that belief.

I lived through what they done thought and seen the reality of their belief in mass migration and utter contempt for the right. Even having an open door policy just to spite the Right/. Britain had a perfect balance of immigration and great mix as far as I was concerned in the 90's. None of the problems we had now after Jack Straw flooded the country and which continues to happen.

Today's Leftism is a different form of Leftism, based on the philosophies of Marxist radicals and their penchant for creating their own terminology and dogmas and engaging in propaganda and mental warfare.

Leftist political radicals seized control of uni's decades ago, and there were books in the 70's I believe, such the Closing of the American Mind, talking about the things we see so frequently on campuses today. I remember it since childhood myself, all the attempts at indoctrination and the little projects that felt forced and unnatural and obviously trying to get you to think in a certain way.

But I rejected it, like most people. It was really only happening now and then at school, and the wider culture was different, music was still great, not many people gave a **** about politics. There was not wall to tv news media propaganda, the other media, political TV shows with the 4 leftists to the one dissenting voice set-up and a bias, hostile jeering crowd, no politically correct comedians like Russell Brand, Russell Howard, the Mash report all acting as organs of state propaganda pumping the same noxious, smarmy, disingenuous abuse, smears, ridicule, no Hollywood lovies and their stupid right on speeches, no social media campaigns and witch hunts, losing your job and trial by public for saying something non politically correct. None of that, that I noticed.

It's just full on from everywhere, every angle now. I quite amazed with this place. I thought all the younger ones would be complete brainwashed, but in the few years since I was last here there is far more opposition and debate allowed to happen from people tired with and seeing through it.

But it's embedded in so strong in education these days, unless there is a big campaign to stop the blatant leftist propaganda into left-wing ideology, and remove it from the education system and just give people the facts and let them make of it what they will and encourage plurity and independence of thought, I think things are going to carry on as they are now of just get worse.

You really are one paranoid person.
Reply 48

No problem. You know exactly what im talking about then. I understand your point about immigration, where im from in Essex is just absolutely crazy now. All the locals say the same, you have to live in a community and understand how migration tears us apart to know what me and you understand.

Oh mate, me and you both. I was still young, but, still remember no-one took themselves as seriously in the mid 2000s even if I was young. As for music wow. I spoke to friends and family today, as an 80s song came on the radio and I sat there thinking wow. What a time to have lived through, music now is nothing like the fun of the 80s it just brings a good vibe to anything. Nowadays a song doesn't stay famous for more than two years lol, 80s music being played at discos and weddings still to this day shows how good it was.

Oh Russel Brand lol, Mum went to school with him back in his school days in Essex, he's one crazy man.

You really are wide awake. Like you say people losing their jobs when a comment they made had no relation to the company they work for or job they do and the thing that they said wasn't 'hate' or 'racism' just reported to the company as a person knew who they worked for and sacked because..? Reputation I guess. Sad.

We've lost our culture. Our Music (Look how great our 80s/ 90s music was), our comedy, our food (people don't know a British dish apart from a roast anymore), our central media, our professionalism (such as in the Police scared to do anything about the grooming gangs in Rochdale, Rotherham, Telford to name a few), Our Army, look how politicalised that has become, we've lost our identity, to the point people say 'what even is our culture', what a sad state of affairs. Brought on by the big bully EU forcing mass migration when we couldn't handle it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
What do you think of Jordan Peterson?

I admire him for a few reasons. I think he has a lot of important things to say. He stands resolute and rejects the tyranny of the left and them to force him to use the language they've created. And I like his stand on feminism.

But he has some views that are not my cup of tea, religious ones, and others. I think his Vice interview and some of what he said was misjudged and slightly strange on first blush. Views I don't share, such as we don't know if men and women can work together. I think that is cut and dried proven that they can.

In the mind of the left, anyone who criticises them is put into the right-wing box with all the others and all get the same treatment (bigot, racist, sexist, islamophobe, misogynist, bigot). They have no understanding of the concept of intellectual plurality and just how many different perspectives and outlooks there are for the people who just happen to criticise them.

I couldn't even tell you what political persuasion Tommy, Peterson or Watson are. I wouldn't be surprised if they were wildly different.

People don't criticise today's obnoxious loony left due to some ideology they have. Any clear thinking, decent, non-ideologue criticises the left because factually, they're ideology is divisive, infantile, regressive, obscenely irrational and illogical, hypocrital and many objective true things.
Original post by Stewpid
So a group of Scumlims from Somalia who raped British girls in Bristol, mainly white British girls and saying that it is part of the culture is pointing out the innocence of muslims, Pearson makes a very good point that no response has been made to Rotherham and Rochdale it is almost as if we are scared to say anything about Islam. I'm not i don't care what you think about me. These grooming gangs are playing muhammed in the Koran and the young white girls are being Aisha.

Not quite. I'm not particularly acquainted with this story, but looking it up tells me that you're not entirely correct.

The gang coerced the girls with payments and gifts by persuading them that having sex with many men was part of their culture and traditions. That doesn't actually tell us whether it is part of their culture and traditions, merely that these sick *******s used it to persuade them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_child_sex_abuse_ring
Reply 51
You really are one paranoid person.

Whats he paranoid about? Looks like to me he's stating his opinion? Can't do that in the UK nowadays, forgot.
I thought with age comes wisdom :s
Original post by jdddd
Whats he paranoid about? Looks like to me he's stating his opinion? Can't do that in the UK nowadays, forgot.

Haha. Nothing to do with stating your opinion or not. It was the fact he's insistent that there's this big plot out to get him. Like a massive conspiracy theory.

It's sheer paranoia. It's laughable.
Reply 54
Haha. Nothing to do with stating your opinion or not. It was the fact he's insistent that there's this big plot out to get him. Like a massive conspiracy theory.

It's sheer paranoia. It's laughable.

How it is? How is it a big conspiracy theory? They guy is literally stating how he preferred living back when everyone didn't take themselves too seriously and how he despises the left. Wheres the conspiracy to that?
Original post by jdddd
How it is? How is it a big conspiracy theory? They guy is literally stating how he preferred living back when everyone didn't take themselves too seriously and how he despises the left. Wheres the conspiracy to that?

I mean it is a big conspiracy. That there's this Marxist plot to take over education and our institutions in order to brainwash everyone and destroy our freedoms.

It's laughable and its paranoid. And it's rather funny that he complains about people taking stuff so seriously and then he comes out with conspiracy nonsense.
Aight just saw tommy robinson. 17 yr old muslim. Couldn't give two ****s about a guy like tommy robinson hating on religions. All i can do is laugh at his hate tbh. Keep wasting ur time
Reply 57
I mean it is a big conspiracy. That there's this Marxist plot to take over education and our institutions in order to brainwash everyone and destroy our freedoms.

It's laughable and its paranoid. And it's rather funny that he complains about people taking stuff so seriously and then he comes out with conspiracy nonsense.

If its laughable why do you comment? Why do you care about his opinion? Lol
Original post by jdddd
If its laughable why do you comment? Why do you care about his opinion? Lol

Because this is a forum... and if someone is posting conspiracy theories they deserve to be told that they are paranoid.
Reply 59
Because this is a forum... and if someone is posting conspiracy theories they deserve to be told that they are paranoid.

Well done its a Forum.. So anyone who is posting or believes in a conspiracy theory is paranoid, wrong and should be shut down? I guess all the famous Science conspiracies are all wrong and out of paranoia lol if it wasn't paranoia then it wouldn't be a theory as it would be factually correct right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending