The Student Room Group

Fake address

So this morning inspectors caught me on the bus with an expired bus pass. They asked for my name which I gave them but I gave them a fake address (my address from 9 years ago) They have my college details and told me if i was lying they'd involve police and my college. Should I be worried?
No....but you should probably get a new bus pass :wink:
Why did you use an expired pass?
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
Why did you use an expired pass?

Because i needed the money for something else
Reply 4
Original post by StriderHort
No....but you should probably get a new bus pass :wink:

Thanks mate :smile:
Fare dodging, wrong tickets or passes etc is taken very seriously in Britain. This is perhaps one of the few countries in the world treats fare evasion as a criminal offence rather than a civil offence. Mostly because fares are expensive here and failing to pay is more serious.

However the worst outcome is a criminal record. If that happens you will be restricted from a variety of jobs such as working with children, working in healthcare, jobs handling money, joining the Navy or RAF. You will also not be allowed to travel to the USA, Australia and possibly mainland Europe (post Brexit) with a criminal conviction.

The thing to do is if they get in touch with you, write a huge appology, saying you weren’t thinking and you’ll never do this again. Offer an out of court settlement and just appologise profusely. Chances are you’ll get away with nothing more than a fine and no court.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending